cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - notification for Change Documents in CHARM (Webui client) 7.1

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am configuring Change Request Management for ERP landscape in Webclient ui (7.1). For auto email-notifcation i found that 'Send Email-via contact' Action method can be used for 'Request for Change (SMCR/ZMCR)' on status change. Any idea if similar method is available for follow on documents (Change Documents (Urgent change/Administrative change/General Change) ?

When i see the Action definitions with respect to Change Documents i don't find 'Send Email-via contact' or similar for it so that i can use it for auto e-mail notifications to partners involved.

Thank You.

Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can copy the actions either from the SMCR action profile or from incident ticket profile to admin change (SMAD), general change (SMCG), under the respective action profiles.(SMAD_ACTIONS).

you can follow the same 7.0 guide. and more reference check the below http://scn.sap.com/message/13111146#13111146

Thanks,

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hi JRM,

I think copying action method from Appl. Inc. Management would be a good option as  'Send Email-via contact' in SMCR i couldnt found a smartform that would deliver more details by customizing.

I have few questions as below for the clarification.

1. How do i copy action method from one action method list to other action method list?

2. How about the samrtforms do they require customizing like they should deliver about change request e.g. Instead of Message no. Change request no. or instead of message processor ..developer or tester etc in this case.

Thank You.

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer this guide for more on available actions

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=011000358700007352...

Rupesh Modi wrote:

Hi JRM,

1. How do i copy action method from one action method list to other action method list?

Just manual copy means, just take the screen shot and add the new action with the Zname, into the action profile, normally this goes.

Rupesh Modi wrote:

samrtforms do they require customizing like they should deliver about change request e.g. Instead of Message no. Change request no. or instead of message processor ..developer or tester etc in this case.

I dont think so this is required on the context of message id, and the person, Normally these taken based on the condition, when the action get triggered, My sandbox is on maintenance window, i was nt able to check it right away, please do check once and update me,

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hello JRM,

I think i was not clear my writing in previous post. I mean We have 2 Action Method sets e.g. SMCG_ACTIONS for General change and SMIN_STD for Inc. Management. So i need Method SMIN_STD_MAIL from SMIN_STD to copied to SMCG_ACTIONS actionmethod list ... how do i do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Note down the config of existing action definition in the action profile. Create a Z action definition in the action profile where you want this action.

0 Kudos

I did as mentioned by you both. It Works.

For Smartformcustomization still need to check for few scenarios like when added description change or general note etc comes or not so moving forward.

Thank You.

Rupesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

You can use

Action Profile     SMCR_ACTIONS
Action Definition  SMCR_IT_RFC_CREATE_EMAIL_DOC

Regards,
Vincent

0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Thank You for replying. I have decided to use 'mail output' action methods from Appl. Inc Management due to the flexibility of having a cutomizing smartform.