cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus very good mng

i have one small doubt here before posting i checked in this forum  . we create one quotation with reference to inquiry and quotation but my basic doubt is in when we may create quotation with reference to quotation ?

this is basic question but some times i am getting little bit confusion

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There can be lot of business reasons on why one should create quotation with reference to another one. Some of them

1. There is a quotation already available and the customer asks quotation (a new one) but with the same material, quantity and delivery date. This can happen because, in the customer's organisation, the previous quotation is approved and there is a need for some more materials.

2. This can also happen due to approval limits in the customer organisation. In order to get it approved at lower levels, instead of giving quotations for 20 quantities, say ,you will have to create 10 quotations each of 2 quantities.

3. This also happens for materials with complex variant configuration, where configuration is standard, but other details like pricing, partners can be different. So you just copy the quotation and then change only the things which you want to be changed.

As I already said, there can be countless reasons. !

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not a regular scenario, however, still possible by maintaining copy control, from Quotation doc. type to Quotation doc. type.

This will work for you.

Regards,

AHD

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Evvery Quotation has a validity period.

Thus there may be a case where a Customer has asked for a Quotation in Past & by the time he places the order, the Quotation is expired. In this scenario you will have to issue a new Quotation & thus you would like to copy new Quotation from old Quotation.

Also say you have already issued a Quotation to Customer A. Now Customer B also need the Quotation for the same material. In this scenario also you would like to copy the Quotation of Cutomer A when creating a Quotation for Customer B.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

If you want to purchase a laptop, you'll visit some showroom and get to know the prices of the desired laptops you want to purchase. The showroom will give you the quotation which mentions the price of the laptop and this quotation will have validity periods and after the validity period the company may or may not sell the product at the same price but will give you the commitment of selling the product at same price mentioned in the quotation during the validity period.

And when you go again to buy the laptop showing the quotation, sales order will be created  with reference to ur quotation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

Why you want to create quotation with reference to the quotation ?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i dont want to create just i want to know why and when we create it means in which situation we can create