cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Stack EHPI Upgrade - EHP 2 NW7.0 - SCS startup failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm upgrading a Dual Stack ERP 6.0 System Unix Oralce to ERP 6.0 EHP5 inkl. NW 7.02

At the moment I'm in the downtime at START_SCS_DEPL phases.

The SCS Instance cannot start, because the startsap is not found.

Mar 18, 2012 12:53:21 PM [Error]:    com.sap.sdt.tools.procx.DefaultProcessAdapter.checkReturnCode(DefaultProcessAdapter.java:524) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Return code condition success evaluated to false for process startsap for action start.

Mar 18, 2012 12:53:21 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.engine.AbstractEngineController.startEngineE(AbstractEngineController.java:217) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Could not execute operating system process for action start on instance 02. Process ID is 3, process name is startsap.

Mar 18, 2012 12:53:21 PM [Error]:    com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeControlEngine.executeAction(PhaseTypeControlEngine.java:559) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Could not start AS Java instance with name SCS and number 02 of the standard system.

The Dialog of EHPI says:

Could not execute operating system process for action start on instance 02. Process ID is 2, process name is startsap.

Could not run OS process startsap for action start.

Could not start process startsap.

Error while executing process startsap.

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "startsap" (in directory "/usr/sap/D01/upgrade/EHPI/java/tmp"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "startsap" (in directory "/usr/sap/D01/upgrade/EHPI/java/tmp"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

I tried to copy the startsap script from <EHP Folde>/java/config/templates/startsap to the EHPI/java/tmp without success.

Can anybody help?

Kind regards

Arne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found the issue. The following files were missing after EHPI copied the new kernel to the target location:

• libicuuc.so.30
  • libicudata.so.30
  • libicui18n.so.30

I copied the files from the original kernel, and the retry worked.

Arne

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adjust user limits for operating system users as described in SAP Note 323816.

Check this note

Note 525677 - Problems when starting shadow instance

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think ur enviroment variables is not set correctly, try cd /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS$$/exe.

su - sidadm

startsap all

wait till it starts then continue ur upgrade.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this also, java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "startsap" (in directory "/usr/sap/D01/upgrade/EHPI/java/tmp"):

try to copy the EHPI directory to the D01 so it will be /usr/sap/D01/EHPI/

thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

Regarding the directory: the is a link. This is ok.

I tried to start the instance manuall, but without success. The start profile of SCS is pointing to DIR_CT_RUN = /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64

So I copied the kernel also to this direcory. But at the moment the instance can't start.

Startup of Instance Service failed

See /home/sidadm/startsap_SCS02.log for details --> and there are no useful infos inside.

I think the problem is, because I'm still in the Upgrade and downtime phases.