cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieving orders that are open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

Transactions VA05 / Va05n have an option of displaying the "Open sales orders" or "All orders". My question is on what particular field or value does SAP determine whether the orders displayed are "open" or not ?? Specifically in the VA05 / VA05n transactions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to Sales Order Header - Status Tab.

Here you have Delivery Status. If the Dleivery Status is nothing Delivered or Partially Delivered then this Sales Order appears in VA05 / VA05N list.

But the Sales Order that are Rejected by entering Reason for Rejection are not displayed.

One issue with VA05 / VA05N report is that it does not show open Sales Order Quantity, which is generally required by client.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton guru's.

My ABAP consultant has gone through your replies and we have a much better understanding now.

Thanks Jignesh, Yes I now believe the orders are classified based either on the Delivery status or Overall Delivery status.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton guru's.

My ABAP consultant has gone through your replies and we have a much better understanding now.

Thanks Jignesh, Yes I now believe the orders are classified based either on the Delivery status or Overall Delivery status.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are really interested in knowing on what logic the pen orders are picked in transaction VA05n,

then

go to VA05N---system(menu bar)--status--double click on 'program'.

Take the help of an ABAP consultant who can read the program and tell you exactly how the open orders are picked.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open means no item rejection in sales order item.

VA05N is report at header level. You need to refer to sales order header view --> Status tab. Overall Status will give you information if it is completed or not.

If table leve, it should be VBUK-GBSTK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It depends on your customizing and what you consider open sales order. But, in general terms, a sales order remains incomplete until you don't complete the process associated to it.

In sales order tcode you can see the status in VA02 / Goto / Header / Status. The completenes area shows you if the sales order is open or not. And table VBUP, field GBSTA should contain the same information.

Oscar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies guru's. But I still can't find out how thr orders are classified as "open" or not by transaction VA05N.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit

Select any document from the report (VA05N-open orders list)

press shift +F12 (Go to>Display Document in Menu Bar)

Now press F5 (Display document flow)

one more document flow screen will come

Check status (last coloum)

it will show as  "OPEN"

Regards,

Krishna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It consider VBUP table

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhi,

Based on the status of that particular order system will determine the open orders,the field in item category completion rule and the field positive/negative qty field in copy control.

Thank you,

Regards,

Ravikumar.Ravooru

Former Member
0 Kudos

va05  -  open orders/all odrers for particular duration or materials or customer...

va05n - no criterea, but it will take a lot of time withot criterea or will be terminated because of lot of data, helpful to get filtered report.