cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem on Sap Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got a problem with Sap Solution manager and i hope that you will be able to help me…

I’ll try to do my best to be understood in English 😃

So, here is my goal :

I want to use SolMan as a workbench for test with eCATT. I made a very simple test with the transaction SECATT : A script for a customer creation by the transaction XD01.

This script works well, so I’ve done the “test configuration”, the “Test data” and the “system data”.

At this point, I don’t have any problem. If I launch the test, it works. (Important point maybe : I work in remote from an environnement dedicated to SolMan toward a production one).

When I try to put this test in SolMan, there appear my problems.

I don’t really know SolMan for the moment, but it seems that I have to begin by the transaction “SOLAR01” which lead me to the “Business blueprint change”. But I can’t modify anything in it, as the system always tells me the following error : “You cannot change (or There are no) Structure nodes”.

Maybe I’m not going in the good way, but I try every transaction in SolMan, like Configuration, Test plan management or project overview & Administration. I filled all field I could, but it’s not working for the moment.

I just want to know how to get my test in a workbench, in a test plan on SolMan…

Can you help me ?

Thx a lot

R.P.

(P.S : Of course, if you got a step by step document, I would be pleased to receive it ! =))

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoreenBaseler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Papillon,

What I understand from your contribution: You do not seem to have a problem working with the Test Workbench in general but would like to know how to work with the Test Workbench as integral part of SAP Solution Manager.

The basic idea of SAP Solution Manager is that you have the possibility of doing a process-oriented testing (instead of straight module or functioned-oriented testing with regular Test Workbench functionality).

This is why in SAP Solution Manager you would start of with setting up a project (in transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN), in which you define a <i>process-oriented</i> blueprint structure in the next step (transaction SOLAR01) and attach test cases to your process-oriented structure (in transaction SOLAR02) afterwards.

You will find a guide dedicated to testing topics in SAP Solution Manager here:

<a href="http://service.sap.com/form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000538663&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700000213552006E">http://service.sap.com/form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000538663&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700000213552006E</a>

This guide should provide sufficient guidance and walks you through the whole process, explaining why and how you operate the above mentioned transactions and much more.

Best regards,

Doreen Baseler

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for those answers, but i still have a problem with SOLAR01 transaction...

I've done my own project in the transaction "SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN", but when i come on SOLAR01, in the part "Structure", i still have this message :

You cannot change structure nodes

And almost the same in the "transaction" part with this message :

Structuring nodes do not contain transactions, configuration objects, development objects and test c

I really don't know how to get out of this problems 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Romain,

the reason for that is that you try to add nodes to the root node. Thsi is not possible. Navigate to node Business Scenarios. On the structure tab do a F4 and you will get a list of scenarios shipped by SAP. Select an appropriate one and save the data. This is a good starting point, as you het nodes for each level.

Best regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Papillon,

As Jürgen said, you cannot add anything to the root node. Once you enter using your SOLAR01 transaction,

you will see just the root node alone. Expand it.

-- You can see "Organizational Units", "Master Data" and "Business Scenarios" nodes.

-- Select the "Business Scenarios" node in the left side tree structure and choose the structure tab in the right side.

-- Click on the "Scenario Name" field and do F4 for this field. You will get the entire list of Business Scenarios provided by default by SAP. You can select one.

-- Or else you can just "type in" your own business scenario over there and click on the save button.

-- now your business scenario would have got saved and will be visible in the left hand tree structure.

-- now select the business scenario added by you, and select the transaction tab on the right side.

-- here you can add your transaction.

-- now come out of this SOLAR01 transaction and enter the SOLAR02 transaction.

-- select the business scenario created by you from the tree structure in the left hand side.

-- select the test cases tab in the right hand side and add your test case(eCATT test configuration) here.

-- now if u double click on your eCATT test configuration itself you can execute your test case.

hope it helps.

(Dont forget to award points if the answers are useful).

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Papillon

As Doreen said, first you have to

(1) Create the project using SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN transaction.

--- u will be required to give some minimal set of inputs like system landscape. Add the system wherein you have your eCATT script in the system landscape.

(2) Create the Blueprint structure using SOLAR01 transaction.

--- Create a business process of your own so that you can add some transaction and test case to it in the SOLAR02 transaction.

(3) Do the configurations using SOLAR02 transaction.

--- Here you can assign the transaction for which you have created the eCATT test script in the transactions tab.

--- And in the test case tab, you can assign your eCATT test case configuration.

--- In order to check whether it is working, you can even double-click on the eCATT test case name and the script will get executed.

(4) If you want to create test plan and all, then you have to explore a bit of the STWB_2 transaction.

Hope it helps. If so, dont forget to reward points to useful replies.

best regds,

Alagammai.