cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP and PPDS steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am a DP consultant and need to take care of SNP and PPDS areas also.Can anyone tell me what is the process after forecast released from DP to SNP.

What are the steps involved in SNP after taking input from Demand planning to SNP planned order creation and then SNP planned orders to PPDS process orders.I have many SNP documents but i want few steps in SNP and PPDS which gives clear idea on the whole IP process.I tried, but could not found exactly what I am looking for in SDN.

Please help me

Thank

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you friends for your time...I got some useful information from both of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49 and Ada Lv,

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply on this.

What exactly I am looking for is,

If we consider in Demand Planning,the steps can be defined like below,

>>Uploading historical data

From Excel sheet

Via Business Information Warehouse

From OLTP system

>> Interactive demand planning run

Best Practices delivers a specific planning book

Macros are defined to  support planning

Promotion planning also taken into consideration

>> Releasing the demand plan

Release to APO SNP

Release to SAP ECC Demand Planning

Like in SNP, how it will create SNP palnned orders with DP forecast and what output it will pass to PPDS.and again what is the process in PPDS untill it releases PPDS process Orders to ECC.

Simple steps from Planning to Production.

Thanks again

Regards,

Kishore

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

I think we have answered your question because there's no further step needed.

In SNP, unless you have special requirement, you can use standard SNP planning books (started from '9A') to acheive all steps. You do not need to upload data or create macros (unless needed). The released forecast from DP could directly be used in SNP, and after SNP run, the orders could directly be used in PPDS.

SNP planned orders are simply generated by SNP planning run (with heuristic, optimizer or CTM).
You can alwasy see the forecast orders, snp planned orders, PPDS orders in /SAPAPO/RRP3.

If you need more information, please make your question more specific.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

I suggest that if the formats that we provided are not suitable, you should easily be able to create your own, using the informaiton contained in the links provided.

Best regards,

DB49

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the most basic steps are:
1)DP forecast run and planning. This is for long-term planning.
2)Release DP to SNP.
3)Run SNP planning (heurisitc, optimizer or CTM). This is for mid-term planning.
4)If you use SNP heuristic planning, you may need to do capacity leveling in SNP.
5)Run PPDS planning (heuristic). This is for short-term planning.
6)Detailed scheduling (DS) (for example, in planning time-fence).
7)Deployment Run.
8)TLB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

Pretty vague question.  Just as in DP, there is no single process, there are an infinite number of ways to manage the interactivity between DP/SNP/PP/DS/ERP, depending upon the business requirements.

Anyhow, most SNP/PPDS implementations contain some or all of the following steps.  This is a high level list:

1. If the execution system is to be ERP, ensure that SCM is fully connected to ERP.
  2. Ensure that SNP master data exists in SNP.
  3. Ensure that appropriate transactional data (sales orders, inventory, etc etc) exists in the SNP planning area
  4. After you have released the Demand Plan to SNP, run one or more SNP Heuristics (depending on the business requirements) to produce a supply plan.
  5. Optionally Run capacity leveling to produce a feasible plan
  6. Optionally run SNP Optimizer to produce an optimized plan
  7. Optionally run deployment to plan intra-plant transfers.
  8. Optionally run Transport Load Builder to create optimized STO plan
  9. Optionally release the supply plan back into DP
  10. Optionally release the supply plan into ERP
  11. Run one or more PP heuristics (depending on the business requirement) to produce a supply plan
  12. Optionally run one or more DS heuristics to produce a detailed feasible plan
  13. Optionally perform interactive detailed planning in the DS planning board.
  14. Convert appropriate supply elements to executables (production orders or purchase orders) and send to ERP.
  15. Release executables within ERP.  Execute in ERP.  Results are automatically sent to SCM for next planning cycle.
  16. Settle ProdOrds in ERP.  Process Purchase order Invoices in ERP.

The above are just one example of how to manage the whole DP > SNP > PP > DS > ERP interaction.  There are hundreds more.  I have seen entire books written that describe these processes.  Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to write a book and post it as an SNC blog response.

I suggest you consult local experts at your site first.  Then, try SAP online help  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/d5/a073374026023fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/bd/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

If these two sources are not suitable, then I suggest you consider SAP training https://training3.sap.com/us/en/course/scm230-supply-network-planning-snp-classroom-095-us-en/ and https://training3.sap.com/us/en/course/scm250-production-planning-and-detailed-scheduling-apo-ppds-c... would give you a good start.

Best Regards,

DB49