cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservation Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Our requirement is, always to create the reservation for certain product categories. In IMG Define objects in bakend system , for that particulat product category and purchase group ,maintained the following

internal procurement ->Always reservation for the the materials subjected to inventory management

Ext Procurement -> did not maintain any value . blank value is maintained.

The reservation is getting created in the backend system , whenever the shopping cart is approved . In case the material is locked in the backend system , Purchase requisiton is created which we don't want this to happen . Actually our requirement in this situation is that the Shopping cart should fail so that the same can be processed again from the application monitor.

Regards

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can look for option to implementing a BADI to check material data in backend.

You can use the Business Add-Ins BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to make changes to the document, after user entry and before saving the document to the database. These changes are subject to the document-specific checks.

The parameter FLT_VAL acts as a filter value that assigns the BAdI implementation to a particular document type. You can use the BAdI to change the following documents:

Shopping cart (filter value BUS2121 - shopping cart EC)

regards,nishant

please reward if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you response. But the reservation creation BAPI is called only after the shopping cart approval . I believe the Doc changebadi can be used when we create the Shopping cart.... Kindly correct me in case I am wrong....

Regards

Mani

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is right but you can create a RFC enabled FM here to check backend the status of material in backend that if it is locked on not.

for status check there is another BADI

BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI,you can see details of this BADI in documentaion of this BADI in SE18 transaction.

I see your requirement as checking of status of material first and then creating reservation.

Using BBP_ITEM_CHECK Badi you can throw messages to user if material is locked.

I have not implemented this badi for this scenario but for throwing some error message if material is not there in SRM system.

regards,nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nishant,

But the point is reservation is getting created once the Shoppping cart is approved.

I would like to know how is the reservation creation bapi is called in SRM system . It will help me at what point SRM system understands that the material is locked and hence it creates the purchase requisition.

And please confirm which BAPI is used to create the reservation in the backend system wr it is BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE or BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE1

We are in SRM 5.0(SRM server 5.5) and ECC 6.0 backend system.

Regards

Mani

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE1

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the documents says that BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE1 . But If I check at the method , which triger the reservation creation in backend , it is mentioned as BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE .

Could you please let me know what is the trigerring method or funciton module , which is calling BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE1 in the back end system

Thanks

Mani

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Using the Business Add-In BBP_CREATE_BE_RS_NEW, you can change all the data that is transferred to the backend system for generation of a reservation. This includes header and item data.

All the shopping cart data is available as input parameters.

The following two methods are available depending on the BAPIs used to generate the backend reservation:

FILL_RS_INTERFACE1

when using BAPI BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE1

FILL_RS_INTERFACE

when using BAPI BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE

<b>FILL_RS_INTERFACE1

when using BAPI BAPI_RESERVATION_CREATE1</b> is the new BADI and you should implement this.

Please see documentation of this BADI(BBP_CREATE_BE_RS_NEW) in SE18

transaction.

I hope this helps,

regards,nishant

Please reward points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

I would like to know , what is the standard bapi used by SRM to create reservation in ECC system without activating any BADI and also how it is trigerred....

Regards

Mani

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I will share one trick with you to find these technical stuff which you might find handy.

I always search these keys in Note search,i go to notes and see correction instructions and try to see the code.

It gives some very informative clues to me like in this case.

I gave search as BAPI name in SRM

I got note Note 915065 - Shopping cart:Reservation in back end not in stock list MD04

Correction Instruction 767827

which lead me to

Program ID Object Type Object Name Program ID Object Type Object Name

LIMU METH CL_BBP_BS_MAP_SC2RS MAP_HEADER R3TR CLAS CL_BBP_BS_MAP_SC2RS

<b>So now Object name is CL_BBP_BS_MAP_SC2RS which you are looking..</b>

I hope,u are clear now.

regards,nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nishant

Thanks for your efforts and help . In fact I have gone thro all these notes....

But not able to get the triger point in SRM which is calling Reservation creation BAPI in the ECC to create the reservation . I will expore with the details provided by you and get back to you....

Regards

Mani

Answers (0)