cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element assigned in KP26 for Customer and Investment project usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am creating Internal activity with Work center (WC) allocation to plan work center cost based on activty effort entered in Cj20N & the rate i maintain in KP26.

NOTE: I used cost element (CE) XXX with CE category 43 in KP26.

I am able to settle internal activities cost to CTR, but when i try to settle similar cost to AUC i get an error that "GL XXX does not exist". I understand that posting to AuC will need a G/L account and CE used in KP26 should be primary cost element.

But i want to use same WC for Customer as well as Investment project settlement... but i am stuck when settleing Investment project in this case.
What is the standard practice to address this scenario?
Cant i use same work center for Customer as well as for Investment Projects??

Regards,
Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Check this link from SAP Help,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/08/5144dd43b511d182b30000e829fbfe/content.htm

This should answer most of your queries. Go through the excerpt from the help document below,

CE Category 22: External settlement

Cost elements of this category are used to settle order, project, or cost object costs to objects outside of Controlling. CO external objects can be, for example, assets (AM), materials (MM) or G/L accounts (FI). The R/3 System always creates an accounting document when you settle to external objects.

You cannot use this cost element category for settlement to objects within Controlling (such as cost centers, orders, or projects). Use secondary cost element category 21 for internal settlement. In contrast to settlement to CO-external objects, no accounting documents are generated by the R/3 System for settlement to CO internal objects as the value flow occurs exclusively within CO.

CE Category 43 - Allocation of activities/Processes

This cost element category is used during Internal Activity Allocation and Activity Based Costing.

You can use the same work center for planning purposes.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (0)