cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget release for WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a Budget profile (time frame: Future 5 years, total and annual values checked, Activation type 1 and overall checked)

and also created corresponding tolerance limit (tolerance Group ++, action 3, usage 100).

Now as soon as i assign budget of Rs 100 to the WBS, system gives an error if i try to assign material/service for >Rs 100. But i am able to assign material/service uptill Rs 100 and also able to book cost for Rs 100 on the WBS. I want to understand how does system allow (to assign and book) as i have not yet released budget for the same??

Thank you.

Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Check whether you have checked the Releases check box in the budget profile. Secondly you have mentioned that the activation type maintained is '1", which means the budget gets activated automatically during budget allocation.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

Thank you for your time.

I want to achieve following:

1 - system should not allow me to plan for more than Budget value

2 - system should allow me to plan up the budget value, but should not allow me to post more then released budget

What should be the budget profile setting to achieve this?

I have maintained tolerance limit as error message for ++ at 100%.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Toa achieve this maintain the same settings that you described in your first post. Just tick the check box for "Releases". Then create a new test project and test these settings. It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

I have selected the Checkbox for Releases in Budget profile, still without releasing the budget i can book actual cost on the project. (i have also checked status AVAC is activated before i made actual posting).

Any further pointers on reason for this system behavior will be helpful.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have Overall checkbok marked in your settings? if yes then uncheck and try once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Now i removed Overall checkbox. Finally i have Activation type 1 selected and Releases checkbox checked.

Now system is not activating Availability control on project release, then i activated it manually using CJBV, still i able to book cost wothjout budget release?

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you run Recontruct Availability Control and test it again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In budget profile; have you put a tick against released? If not then system won't check for release.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Activate budget through cjbn some time it will happen like this only

Regards

Raj