Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Setting up SMTP details for Online Purchase Quotation (RFQ) in B1i

Hi,

In the B1i 'Integration solution for SAP Business One' under 'Maintenance' and 'Cfg Connectivity' i have to setup the SMTP server details, according to the 'RFQ_Installation' powerpoint instructions. I would like to use smtp.gmail.com, but this uses TLS/STARTTLS or SSL , which doesn't seem supported by the B1i SMTP config.

I have even tried using smtp2go.com free trial, which doesn't require authentication, but cannot get it to send email.

The error I'm receiving is:

SAP B1iP detected an error:

Emitted HTTP-Code

500 - Internal Server Error

Internal Reason

smtp.gmail.com

Recommendation

Check for the correctness of your activity or environment or ask your system-administrator for further help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Internal Error Message

com.sap.b1i.xcellerator.XcelleratorException: XCE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.bizprocessor.BizProcException: BPE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.xcellerator.XcelleratorException: XCE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.bizprocessor.BizProcException: BPE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.xcellerator.XcelleratorException: XCE001 Nested exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.UnknownHostException: smtp.gmail.com

Could someone who has the SMTP side working please help!

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

George

P.S : The VM in which the B1i was running did not have internet connectivity due to network adapter & firewall issues in the host, which are now resolved.

Has anyone successfully used smtp.gmail.com ?

The error i'm now receiving is:

SAP B1iP detected an error:

Emitted HTTP-Code
500 - Internal Server Error

Internal Reason

554 SMTP synchronization error

Recommendation
Check for the correctness of your activity or environment or ask your system-administrator for further help.

Full Internal Error Message

com.sap.b1i.xcellerator.XcelleratorException: XCE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.bizprocessor.BizProcException: BPE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.xcellerator.XcelleratorException: XCE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.bizprocessor.BizProcException: BPE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.xcellerator.XcelleratorException: XCE001 Nested exception: com.sap.b1i.adapter.smtp.SendMailFailedException: 554 SMTP synchronization error

Message was edited by: George Mamacos

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question