cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS does not start. gives a popup with location of log file

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi i am facing the problem with NWDS , can any help me out The things i did was 1. I installed Java (JDK1.4.13 ) ,i set the path and classpath and test a simple java program , where it works fine. 2. my network admin installed NWDS version 7.0  in my machine, now i clicked on to it where i ask me for the location of workspace (twice) both the times i pointed the workspace on to my Desktop. Thats all i did, Then come the PopUp say   " Problem during startup,  check the .log file in the .metadata directory of your workspace " when i checked the file i found the below stuff. can any one help me out ....... wat should i do to resolve this

================.log file================ !SESSION Jul 04, 2008 18:06:43.628 - --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

java.version=1.4.2_13 java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc. BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -feature com.sap.java.ide C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx512m -Xms128m -XX:PermSize=32m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -DallUserDir='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data' -cp C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\SapStartup.jar com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -feature com.sap.java.ide -showsplash C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\SapIde.exe -showsplash 600  -data C:\Documents and Settings\rt76110\Documents\SAP\workspace -install file:C:/Program Files/SAP/IDE/IDE70/eclipse/ !ENTRY Startup 1 0 Jul 04, 2008 18:06:43.638 !MESSAGE Sap NetWeaver Developer Studio - Build: 200509191205 !SESSION - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Jul 04, 2008 18:06:47.376 !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform: !STACK java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)     at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)     at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)     at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607) Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException     at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:861)     at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)     ... 7 more Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32_2.1.2\os\win32\x86\swt-win32-2135.dll already loaded in another classloader     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1551)     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1495)     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)     at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:108)     at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.(OS.java:46)     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.internal_new_GC(Display.java:1291)     at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.init(Device.java:547)     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.init(Display.java:1316)     at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.(Device.java:96)     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.(Display.java:291)     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.(Display.java:287)     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1361)     at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)     at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)     ... 8 more

=====================End of File =================

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see permissions for 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SAP\' files.

-Nikhil

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NWDS install happens perfectly first time right if you have the right JDK version installed and got uncorrupted version of NWDS.

Sometimes workspace entries space also become corrupt, can try making a new workspace.

If restarting NWDS and desktop does not help, chances are high that you setup is corrupt. pls go to Service Marketplace and download the appropriate version and install with user having admin rights.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Possible reasons:

1) Access rights missing

2) Different JDK used which is not compatible.

Check these links. They would help.

Re: NWDS does not start

http://scn.sap.com/message/989610#989610

Re: Netweaver Developer Studio  Start Up Problem

http://scn.sap.com/message/216989#216989

NWDS Startup problem after installation

http://scn.sap.com/message/2173777#2173777

Hope this is helpful!!!

Regards

Vijay Kumar Kalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The isssue is because u don't have the write right for the file workspace.properties. Now first locate that file on ur machine.

Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Show Hidden Files and Folders. Check that. Then browse to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users ->Application Data -> SAP -> workspace.properties file ll be present there. Check the security rights here it should be editable. if not then make it editable and start NWDS. try this it ll work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have your old ".metadata" directory available? Copy that to the new workspace location. It should be like,

workspace -> .metadata

Then start your NWDS.

If you don't have .metadata directory, copy it from a colleague.

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once I had this issue in one of my clients. I believe you need Administrator Rights in the Computer in order to run NWDS 7.0 - ask the Admin to test that with you, I never got around it. (he will have to let you be Admin in that Machine)

Hope it helps,

Daniel

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
restart your pc to see if it will help.