dear sd gurus                

i have some free of goods now i want them to be price ,how can i do

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to give price in a Sales Order for free goods which have been entered earlier.

Is it right?

If so try to manually change the Item Category in sales Order  from "TANN" to "TAN" and retry entering price.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

As per Ravi's Message, if we double click the sub item (free good) and change the plant, still it is not possible to modify the Item category. It will be still in grey mode.

We can delete the line item (free good) and enter it again then system will determine TAN, but still system is not determining the price for that. It is showing as zero value.

thank you....

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

go to V/N6 remove your free goods pricing procedure and save it.

but careful if we remove this free goods pricing procedure here "free goods will not work"

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Ravi kumar: Is this possible only if the conditions are set for inclusive??? because in exclusive while creating sales order, the Item cat for free goods is in grey mode and not possible to maintain manually

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for a good question.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Once you enter the material  and Qty in the Sales order the free goods determination takes place and the item category for the Free goods is greyed out.

Remove the Qty from the Free goods item and check if the item category is able to reset from "TANN" to "TAN".

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I tried removing the quantity from Free goods material but an error warning "enter the required delivery material" so could not edit the item category of free goods.

Regards

Krishna

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Re-try by removing the Qty from the main item or

In the Sub item remove qty don't press enter and try to reset the "TANN" item category to "TAN".

It will work.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

In free goods line item, except the quantity everything is in grey mode, we could not change the item category even after removing free goods quantity (and I didn't even press enter and if we don't press enter there wont be any changes to happen). any further info would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sd gurus

pl explain as ravi doubt we are waitting ur dynamic answer

thanks a lot

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi every one

If you compare both the procedures

Inclusive procedure:

Along with main item sub item will display it’s completely grayed out except quantity as Krishna said

So it’s not possible to change item category manually

If you remove free goods qty press enter it will through error message "Enter requested quantity"

If you remove main item qty press enter it will show warning message "Minimum quantity of free goods has not been reached"

(Ex 10+1) if you press enter again it will wait for quantity to enter.

Now only single line item will be there that to with item category "TAN" with out qty here we have to enter

Quantity either above 10 or below 10,

If you take exclusive procedure In that one line item will there not possible change manually. Even though if you maintain free goods category as ‘1’

Now free goods pricing depends on “Control Pricing For Free Goods Item Category Item category”

For TANN-Maintain B- 100% discount or maintain X-pricing check in sales order.

Or remove NA0001 procedure (v/N6) for your sales area and save it and check.

Regards

Krishna.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My limitations are just to modify the Free goods item category for a particular sales Order without disturbing the Configuration settings in IMG.

For a Sales order when you enter the material and Qty the Item category gets determined.

The question is that the Item category can be modified from "TANN" to "TAN" at Sales Order and the free goods can be sold as goods with pricing.

And Mr. Krishna Mohan's question is whether the above is subjected only for Inclusive free goods and the Exclusive free goods item category is not editable .

Apart from the Qty field no field is editable in Free goods Item (Standard SAP).

Test the following and check if it works in Dev. system.

Double click the Free goods item and try to change the Plant and check whether the Item category is modifiable once you remove the plant for the Free goods item.

Try to delete the Sub item in exclusive Free goods and enter the new line item with " TAN" item.

Remember the above situations are subjected to modify "TANN" at Sales Order only and not to affect the configuration settings.

Any suggestions are welcome by SD experts.

Regards,

Ravi

Message was edited by: Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you said its "Free Goods" then why you want to have price?