cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Receiver - Unable to convert sender service to ALE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

I am trying to configure the following scenario: FILE - XI - IDoc to R/3.

A business service called IDOC_Demo recovers from the server the file, and after mapping it, it tries to send it to IBP, the R/3 system using a IDOC Receiver comunication channel.

IBP is configured in SLD.

I have in XI System the RFC conexion, and I have define the port via TCODE IDX1.

But it does not work, I am geting the following error:

"Unable to convert sender service IDOC_Demo to an ALE logical system"

I have checked the adapter specific identifiers, but I can not see anything wrong...

I do not know what can I check! Could someone help me?! What can I do?

Thank a lot!!

Araitz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use a header mapping in receiver ageeement

and specify a system that has a valid logical system in

<b>adapter specific identifiers</b> in directory

also described in my book:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, but I still get the error message! Of course, I read your blogs Michal before posting the question, and they have been very useful, but still...

In SLD I only have the R/3 system, the name is IBP and the business landscape and the logical system name (I do not know if this could cause a problem…).

The connexion is IBP, and it works, and in idx1 I have configured a port, and its name is SAPIBP, using the IBP connexion.

Design… I have imported the CREMAS.CREMAS03 IDOC, and I have done a mapping interface, I have disabled the EDI_DC40, and set “begin” and “segment” to 1.

Configuration… I have created a business service, IDOC_Demo, that has a communication channel, sender, file type.

And I have the IBP service. In adapter specific I can see: logical system IBP, and R/3 System IBP, client 100. If I push the “Compare with SLD” button, nothing happens… what should happen?

IDOC_Demo receives the file, and via an Outbound, async interface, calls IBP, that receives the IDoc using a receiver IDoc type adapter…

Now the receiver agreement has information in the header mapping, sender service, IDOC_Demo, receiver service, IBP.

And I do not know why, but it does not work… any idea?

Than you!

Araitz.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>If I push the “Compare with SLD” button, nothing happens… what should happen?

logical name from SLD should appera but if you have it it's fine

>>>>Now the receiver agreement has information in the header mapping, sender service, IDOC_Demo, receiver service, IBP.

sender IBP or business system with correct adapter specific identifiers

but try with IBP first to understand

remember to activate

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not get any error message now!!! Thank you very much Michal!!!

Regards,

Araitz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you followed this Blog for the Idoc Control records from payload:

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/manipulating-idoc-control-records-from-payload:///people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/manipulating-idoc-control-records-from-payload.

Try it.........hope it helps.

Regards,

Joslyn

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should chek the logical system assigned or not..

And also chek in Adapter specific settings IN ID, by selecting the Business service,goto menu select tools and select adapter specific settings, click on compare ..button..

for more details see /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Sure it will be solved.

Regards

Chilla..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>And also chek in Adapter specific settings IN ID, by selecting the Business service,goto menu select tools and select adapter specific settings, click on

this cannot be done for business service as services are not registered in SLD

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SLD what are the names given for the Business system and Business service?

In the message mapping need to disable all the required fields except SNDPRT,SNDPRN,RCVPRT and RCVPRN.And map these values to a constant.

In the Idoc Adapter configuration enable the checbox for the "Apply control record values from Payload".

In the receiver agreement enable the check boxes for the Sender service and Receiver service.From the F4 help ,select the business system or business service,go to extended mode.

Click on the X-path and select in your Idoc SNDPRN and RCVPRN for the Sender service and reciever service.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

JE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Araitz,

Check these..

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check Michal's FAQ

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer to this blog:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system:///people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system