Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP and SNP planning

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. We are going to do SNP planning where we want to take the sales orders into APO for planning. But at the same time we do not want to have GATP active for those orders.Current schedule line category (CN) in sales order does not allow availability check as well as transfer of requirements. If we make it CP it will go for planning but at the same time GATP will also get activated. Even though integration model for 'ATP check' is not active for the materials, ATP check will get triggered for the same in ECC which we do not want. In short planning should happen for the orders in APO but no GATP (even in ECC). What is the practice followed in case GATP is scheduled to be LIVE after SNP?

2. We do not want GATP check for all transaction other than sales order. (e.g. MB1C, STO, production order etc). Currently even during MB1C or delivery creation against STO, ATP check in APO is getting triggered. How to prevent it ? In short, in all these cases, ECC operations should take place without ATP check.

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS,

For your question one, you must have requirements if you wish to plan, whether it is in ERP or APO.  So, for a start, you must use a Schedule line category that will transfer requirements from the Sales order to Planning. 

I normally do not alter SAP standard SLCs in ERP, I prefer to create a copy of an existing SLC and then configure it as I wish.  However, if you wish to shortcut this process, you can just change CN to create requirements, in OVZ8.  You may also have to maintain a requirements class in OVZI.

Do not create an integration model for ATP, but do create an IM for Sales docs.

For your question two, I guess I will assume this is a different scenario than for question one, since in question one you do not want any availability checking.  There is no configurable solution for this problem, you will have to employ a userexit or other enhancement.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Related to question 1 again, we have copied CP and de-activated availability check in copied schedule line category, requirements transfer is enabled by default.

But how the existing sales orders with 'CN' (which are already there) should be treated, do we need to change all the schedule line cats once by one in each SO  in order to make req transfer happen?

Or is there any other way to handle this case?

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS,

If you have a new SLC, and you want to change existing sales order items so as to use it, then you will have to perform a change on each sales order item.  Using VA02 is one way. 

I am not aware of any standard program supplied by SAP that will mass change Schedule Line Categories of Sales docs.  LSMW could probably be made to work. Although I have never used LSMW to change SLCs, I have used it for other mass changes of SO items.

I am not really an SD expert.  You might want to place these new questions in one of the SD forums, such as http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/sd.  As far as using LSMW to update SLCs, you might want to place that question in the Data Transfer forum http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/connectivity

Best Regards,

DB49