cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error When Starting Switch Branch; Condition for PROCSTATE = Approved NOT Starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setup form (process) based workflow to have a few import steps, then an edit form action, then a supervisor approval, and then a condition allowing the workflow to proceed if the status is approved.

Trying to achieve this with a condition that says If PROCSTATE = APPROVED proceed (false goes back to initiator)

The approval step before the condition does export PROCSTATE back to PROCSTATE in the workflow binding.

I have been playing around with this bug for over a week now.  I have gotten the condition to work a few times after playing with the container settings.  After a few tests it seems to stop working.  Currently it isn't working.  I can't figure out if something tiny was changed or if settings are being lost...

Does anyknow know what exactly the container and binding settings need to be for this condition to receive the Approved value and process?

Assistance ASAP greatly apprectiated.

-Alicia

3/19/2012: UPDATE

Message was edited by: Alicia Morante I might have the issue resolved now, but here is a doc I converted to an image with lots of screenshots and notes answering posed questions etc.  This attachment works best for me when I save to desktop and open with image software.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I decided to gut the WF and rebuild.

It must have been something tiny that I missed.  WF functions fine with out the unit condition anyway.

Stay tuned for my next question.  I'll be posting shortly.

Thank you.

Alicia

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the Approval Step filling PROCSTATE? Or only sometimes?

Is it a normal Decision step?

regards

Rick Bakker / hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my updated post.

Thank you very much for your time and reply.

-Alicia

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I came in this morning and WF is stopping at the approval conditions again.

When I left yesterday I tested and it was working... this is so strange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After hours of testing I arrive at the conclusion that this error occurs when USD is chosen as the unit.  There is a unit condition in the workflow.  When I choose hours the workflow processes, but USD stops at the approval conditions... when chosen WF doesn't even make it to that unit condition.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USD and hours..?didnot get you completely. When does it stop..?

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USD and euros, maybe?

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using it in a loop to move worlflow from approval to initiator to and fro? Secondly in approval step bind the output back to task container from method. Then after that bind it from task to workflow make sure you have import export paramtere set for workflow and task container variable.

It will be good if you can paste a screen shot of workflow log with the promblem highlighted for us to provide an opinion.

Thanks

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my updated post.

Thank you very much for your time and reply.

-Alicia