cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Create, Publish and Organize Blogs in one place on new SCN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After using the new SCN for a few days and trying to create blogs, I have the following sugestions/obvervations/questions:

• If I write a blog in e.g. "SAP Mobile" space how do I also make it visible under say "Public Sector"? So far I have not figured it out yet. So it would be nice to allow folks to write blogs and be able to make it visible in multiple Spaces. Sometimes Good blog postings do tend to cross Spaces.
  • Have all blogs by same author also show up under that Author's blog no matter which Space they were created under.
  • If I write a blog in my Blog how do I make it visible under say SAP Mobile and Public Sector spaces. Only way I can do it right now is by moving it from my blog to another space and when I do it it no longer shows up under my blog.
  • Provide a direct link to blogs from home page.

I think all of these points would help promote authorship on SCN and also make it easier for authors to create, publish and organize their work in one place on SCN.

Regards,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

• To see all blogs by the author in a single list, you can for to scn.sap.com/people/[username]/content > Blogs (filter). There's also scn.sap.com/people/[username]/blog. E.g. http://scn.sap.com/people/jason.lax/blog
  • Below the text area, just after attachment, there's the properties. Click the plus symbol to expand the menu and select relevant metadata: the blog will also appear* in the spaces related to meta tags selected here. (* this functionality of surfacing in other spaces per the meta tags isn't yet working but you should still tag so that it can be used when it does start working)
  • On the homepage, click Browse > Content > Blogs. There's also this easy URL to remember: scn.sap.com/blogs

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)