cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotes Missing in INSERT Query for JDBC Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a JDBC receiver structure with 5 fields. First 3 fields are ceated as xsd:string, 4th fields is created as xsd:integer, 5th field created as xsd:date.

But msg is failing in AE with error "java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string". I have logged the SQL statement. When I check the auditlog the SQL statement contains INSERT INTO CUST (F1,F2,F3,F4,F5) VALUES (101,ABC,xyz,2222,20120316).

Why I am not getting quotes for the first 3 fields and 5th filed (I have created xsd:string for first 3 fields and xsd:date for 5th field).

Thanks,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Verify the length of the database fields and the length of input string which you are passing for each field.

PS : http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_01861_literal_does_not_match_format_string.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh

Data type mis match has occurred.Check the data types on both ends.

Either the Database might be having integer and you are passing string,

Regards

Monika

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change your data type  fields to string only then try, anyway string accpets integer values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for some reason the logging int he RWB doesn't show the quotes , but for string data types it is supposed to insert quotes on its own. you could copy your statement and add the quotes for the required values and run it through the sql editor .