cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatted Text reports with images in Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a case where my customer need to write some textual reports enhanced with pictures and with some fixed repeated paragraphs - something like the editor I'm using right now to post this discussion - and to be able to generate a report with adding some custom headers and footers.

I used a formattedTextEdit , saved some predefined paragraphs and got them with the dropdownbykey  Template element like in the attached snapshot.

So far every thing run smoothly but with some exceptions:

1- I'm using a smartform to be able to review/print these kind of reports, and the problem is that the save text from the formattedTextEdit UI element is saved as HTML into the database and there's no direct method to interpret that into to the smart form styles!.

2- I'm using a data element of the type string to save that text but it seems it only holds around 1000 characters at max.

3- The user can't manage the images he upload (position,size,etc..).

I got advice to use the the word editor as in the IOS_TEST_WORDPROCESSING WDA and the SAPRDEMO_FORM_INTERFACE program. And my question is that's applicable with the requirements I mentioned earlier, And where these documents/reports should be save? "it should be available for customer to review these reports by many different users" , And does saving these documents as PDFs in a file server seems to be reasonable and applicable?.

Thank you very much for your time reading this long post.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been solved in a way like in this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1453516

Answers (0)