Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Applicaton Server Java - Implementation Error

rainer_fux2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to install (with sapinst) the SAP Application Server Java (with portal,bd, xss, etc.) but getting an error at the step: Start central services instance. The error is (found it in the start_J01_SCS49 file in the installation directory):

/usr/sap/J01/SYS/exe/run/startsap: line 3082: basename: No such file or directory
Implementation error 1 in main(): call support

Obviously the system cannot start the sap server.But what can we do? We already installed the latest kernel patch.
Any idea how to solve this? There are no other indication why the system fails to start. We are installing on Linux (SLES11).

Best Regards,
Vermeer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know you already checked the environment variable using echo, just for confirmation LD_LIBRARY_PATH  should set in .sapenv_<hostname> file.

login with <sid>adm and run command env and see if you are able to find LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Also refer note:

Note 877795 - Problems w/ sapstartsrv as of Release 7.00 & 6.40 patch 169

Note 823941 - SAP start service on Unix platforms

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

rainer_fux2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

Thank you, very helpful answer. I executed the command "env" but LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not found. Also, all the .sapenv.sh and other scripts to run the system are not in the folder /home/sidadm. They are missing. Isnt it the installer that creates this scripts? How can I get them?

Note 823941 does not work for me, it is blocked at the moment.

Best Regards,
Vermeer

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vermeer,

Check SAP note :Note 407107 - INST: SAP Web AS 6.10 Installation on UNIX

Error message while starting SAPinst occurs similiar like that:

ld.so.1: /tmp/sapinst_exe.28455. 1084520558/sapinstexe: fatal: sapcpp45.so: open failed: No such file or directory 

Reason:
Environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set as described in the installation guide or is overlapped completely by environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64.
Solution:
Set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH and in addition unset the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 if it exists by using the command:
unsetenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64

have you created SIDadm user manually or using sapinst?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to setup those files manually.

Check this note

Note 602843 - Environment settings for R/3/Oracle on UNIX

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vermeer,

Check if SAP notes helps:

Note 823742 - startsap SCS fail during sapinst in HA environment

1222697 - Error while loading shared libraries in RedHat 5

I request you to paste error logs of sapinst.log to analyze further.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

HI.

seems that there are somthing wrong with the startsap script!

Check if the startsap from

/usr/sap/J01/SYS/exe/run/

is the same from the kernel package (from the Market place). Make sure that you are using the corect kernel for your OS plataform. Check that is the code in the line 3082 of startsap script.

Clébio