cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot created by WM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never had this requirement before and I don't think it can be done.  But I thought I'd post it here and see what folks think.

We have a requirement to generate an inspection lot when a warehouse movement 999 is used for posting material to a specific bin.  There is NO IM movement done.

Basically, the plant is considered one warehouse.  Excess material that was moved to production for a specific production run needs to be brought back to the main warehouse area.  A warehouse movement moves it from the "production" bin to a warehouse "return" bin which serves as kind of a quaratine.  Once the go ahead is received, the material is put away to the regular storage bins by warehouse personnel.

What we want is to create an inspection lot when the material is moved into the WM "returns" bin which would move the material into QI stock then.  WM personnel would know they cannot put away any material that is still in the returns bin in the QI stock category away into the high rack storage area.  But any stock in the returns bin in unrestrcited stock could be moved and put away into the high rack area.

The only way I can think of doing this is to create the returns areas as a storge location and not bins and do a storage location to storage location IM move which could use an 08 inspection type instead.  But this would add several complexities to the scenario including having to change the storage location in the UD or doing a second IM move after making the UD. 

FF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No satisfactory solution was implemented for this.  A business process was implemented using a printed ticket requiring QA sign-off before the return could be physically performed.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand ,

999 movemnet type in WM is used for internal Warehouse movement in which storage location stock is not affected.Eg: storage type to storage type transfer,storage bin to bin BUT it does not result into any IM.

I am not sure whether 999 in WM  can be assigned to any mvt type in IM( like 311)  ! ....I have never tried it atually.

if this also not work then ,you are thinking in right direction...