cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Up Logic

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running the Macro which performs a Drill Down Logic. I have written a Drill Down Logic but post the Drill Down, I want to Drill Up the Characteristic which I have Drill Down in the before step. I tried logic of Drill Up logic in the same macro but this is not working. The Macro execute fine but stops after performing the Drill Down.

I tried even a Collective Macro where I kept the Drill Up logic in separate Macro but this down graded the performance and the Macro didnt get executed at all.

Could anyone help me out how i can use Drill Down and Drill Up logic in the same Macro.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

THanks for the reply. I am attaching the snapshot.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Please refer to the following screenshots that may help you to fix the issue. 

1. Drill down logic based on characteristic 9AMATNR (which needs to be replaced with your own characteristic ZSTYLE)

2. The corresponding drill up logic

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Looking at the logic that you shared, I could only understand that first you are selecting some columns in the planning view, and then checking whether you are at some aggregate level for ZSTYLE, meaning that your "display" field in the selection must be something other than ZSTYLE. If you have given the "display" in selection as something other than ZSTYLE, then you would drill down at the ZSTYLE level, and do the calculation for Stat Forecast at your "display" characteristic + ZSTYLE level.

Since you specified 'INTERNAL' in the drill-down step, you would not see any change in display during the execution of drill-down.

Now you want to do a drill-up (for which you didn't share the screenshot)? Why? Do you again want to do some calculation at the aggregate level (your "display" characteristics level)?

If you don't want any calculations at aggregate level, then system would automatically do an aggregation based on your "calculation type" setting in the planning area. You don't need a drill-up step.

Could you share what exactly you want to do after drill-up? And if you think it might be helpful in giving you a solution, could you also share why you went for a drill-down in the first place?

These drillup and drilldown actions are performance intensive, and so these should be used only when really required. Since you are using 'internal', it would make sense to use drill-up in the same macro for performance reasons (if you need it). In most of the situations, it's fine to do calculations on the data at aggregated level, and then disaggregation would happen to the detailed level as per your settings in the planning area set-up.

I am not sure if setting of layout variable, and drill up/down can be done in the same step or not. Normally, I have used the action boxes separately for each action.

Thanks - pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please share your drill-up macro/step too.

Since you are using 'Internal' parameter in the drill-down step, there should always be a drill-up step also with 'Internal' parameter which is run after the internal drill-down. Otherwise it may cause some problems.

And what I do not understand is that, since you're using 'Internal' parameter, how do you know that the drill-down is executed but drill-up is not executed?

Best Regards,
Ada

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

THanks for the help but I used a different logic and worked for me.

Thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Could you please share a screenshot of your macro having both the drilldown and the drillup steps?

Thanks - Pawan