cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Asset Class in Investment Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have setup Investment profile and have maintained "Inv Meas. ast. Class" in OITA.

Now this asset class is being ujsed when i create a Project with this Investment profile assigned to this. Requirement is that we default one Inv class but user should have option to change this asset class when creating the project? I want to know where in Cj20N can we change Asset class used to create AUC for the Capital Project.

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

If you default the Asset Class in Investment Profile, system will pick this asset class as default and will not allow you to change.

In order to use different asset class you need to remove this asset class from Investment Profile.

By doing so system will ask for the asset class while creating AUC when you release the project.

Regards,

Hemant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have 2 options :

1) the asset is created automatically : if you configure a asset classs by default it would take this --> The only option I see it is not configure asset class by default

2) The asset is not created automatically when project is released, then here you can change the asset.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

AUC would be created automatically when an Investment WBS (WBS with an Investment profile) is released.

It is not possible to change the Asset Class of the AUC once the WBS /project is released. This is because AUC would take the reference from the Investment profile where Asset Class is defined and creates the AUC with the same class when the WBS is released. Hence, it is not possible to change the Asset class once the AUC is created.

But still, there is an option, when creating Investment profile do not define Asset class, so when you release WBS /project, the system shouuld ask for Asset class, so you can create AUC as per your desired Asset class. Try doing this.

Regards,

Sumanth