cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'The user menu tree for user is ampty...". Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are trying to run PPM with browser by URL. The system returnes an error 'The user menu tree for user is ampty...'.

We've made NWBC settings for the menu nodes in PFCG, assigned Single Top level indicator for a root level for a SAP_BPR_PPM role. The user is granted with the role.

Any ideas to solve the problem?

Thanks, regards.

Viktor

Release and support patch level:

SAP_BS_FND 702 0004      SAPK-70204INSAPBSFND SAP Business Suite Foundation

CPRXRPM 500_702 0004      SAPK-50004INCPRXRPM SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0 (ABAP)

SAP_ABA 702 0006           SAPKA70206 Cross-Application Component

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at Note 1604326 - AC10 Error "The user menu tree for user "USER_ID" is empty".
It's not dealing with PPM directly, but could be linked, especially the LaunchPad topic.

BR
Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for the answer

I've seen this note before, but it isn't really about PPM. If it had settings for those roles or user, it would be helpful. The problem, i assume, is in NWBC settings for roles and users which i can't find ...

Regards,

Viktor

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check in PFCG transaction --> Role SAP_BPR_PPM -> Menu --> Button 'menu options'  If you have activate this menu for NWBC? ( option Hide menu for NWBC should be unflagged)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sara.

Thank you for the answer.

Everything is correct there.

Hide menu? - you mean Menu Options - > Hide Menu for NWBC? was unflagged initialy.

Regards

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you are checking at right places, but then it should not give you any problem. Can you please recheck the following things again, some of which are already mentioned above;

SAP_BPR_PPM role activation

Check whether details are there with each node in tree.

Check Menu options - both runtime filter unchecked.

Reagrds,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pramod.

Please check the attachment. I've added some screenshots of menu, role settings and TroubleShootingInfo.

Hope you'll find something.

By the way PPM is installed on SolMan and the user, having PPM and SM roles for NWBC, can see only SM menu without any of PPM menu nodes.

I'm confused what is missing? The setting of SM and PPM roles for NWBC are similar

Best regards,

Viktor.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicktor,

Could you check in SICF transaction --> default_host -->sap --> bc --> nwbc -->nwbc_launch do you have this service active?

regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

The probems solved. Note 1346050 - 'Solution Manager & other prod. in NetWeaver Business

Client' had helped.

Best regards.

Viktor