cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on "Communications"

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the top right corner there is a "Communications" icon telling you how many communications are waiting. One of the communications waiting for me was from a Discussion forum. So, I click on it and I can answer, edit, etc., but I have no idea what Space the Discussion is in. How do I find out? See screenhots:

E.g.; clicking on the above communication's title, I get to here:

How do I find out what space the comm is in?

- Ludek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This looks like a direct message, sent to you and some other recipients, not posted in a public space. Not the correct way to ask such type of question, if you ask me.

Thomas

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhh - got ya. I'll "straighten" the customer on this

Many thanks for your help,

- Ludek

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I know what this is.

The author created this discussion thread in his "personal space". Remember personal blogs? This is the place where you can also have personal/private discussions, documents.

I think he wants Ludek involved in the discussion - other members probably don't see it.

See the screenshot below highlighting the space, which shows the author's name. It's his personal space:

Laure

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we should be discouraging (possibly not allowing) any private anything(?).

- Ludek

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I agree. The content needs to be available to the Community. Needless to say: private/personal content doesn't accrue points.

Laure

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

we asked for this feature to be disabled. SCNSBS-1112

Gali

Answers (0)