cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify existing model dc and inherit changes to application dc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have (a) Model DC and have public part component and (b) application DC has used component for Model DC.

(a) is used in (b) and working fine. 

Now, modified (a) Model DC (added a field in RFC).

Trying to reflect Model DC changes into (b) application DC.

Please suggest me steps to see model DC changes in application DC.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

Did model binding in (a) Model DC, build this DC. Performed Interface Controller binding. Also restarted J2EE Engine to clear cache for the purpose.

Able to see new field in (b) application DC; peformed Interface Controller and Component Controller binding and also between component controller and view binding, but unable to pass string value to new field in view.  Received Nullpointer Exception.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Venkat

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
wow, so complicated , what you are doing?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You need to build and deploy the model DC. Then re-start the engine, then only the changes will be available for you to use. This is because the RFC meta definitions are cached on the server and refreshed once restarted.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You must have checked out the model dc from DTR for modifications. Check in the same. Then re synch the application dc. While synching select all the used dcs as well. Then the changes will be reflected in your application dc. Let me know if this works or if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Shifa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Synchronize USED DC.

regards

yuval

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make a DC build for a, then you will see the change in b.

you have to do the model binding in b to show the new field.