cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent demand not see in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to plan Raw materials in ECC and finished materials in APO.

Raw materials appear as components in BOM of finished material.

MRP type X0 for finished materials and PD for raw materials.

Integrated Raw materials and finished materials and PDS for finished materials to APO.

I see production order for finished material and dependend demand for raw materials in APO.

However, I do not see dependent demand for raw materials in ECC.

Can you pl let me know what could be the reason?

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please do let me know if you identified the resolution for this issue. If not then, as i understand that you would like the Dependent Demand for the RM to be published in APO, as rightly outlined would be maintaining the Distributin Definitions.

Apart if does not help your cause the i suppose you try to activate the Enhancement for transfer of Planned Independent Requirement from APO to ECC which you will find following the below path.

SPRO -> Integration with SAP Comp -> Application-specific settings & enchancement -> Enchancements for PIR -> Outbound processing of PIR's.

Hope this helps & please do let me know if it resoleves the issue.

wilian_segatto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini!

So just to confirm:

/SAPAPO/CP3 -> Publication of orders
/SAPAPO/CP1 -> Distribution Definition
/CFM5 -> Check for Active IM

Check your settings in /SAPAPO/C2. If you are using Outbound Queues, check /SMQ1 of SCM. If you are using Inbound Queues, check /SMQ2 of ECC. If you don't find anything there, it means that you have to check the first two transactions (CP1 and CP3).

Try also executing /SAPAPO/CCR to see if the report detects these missing demans.

Regards,

Will

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to all the settings mentioned above , i would check one more thing. You have mentioned that you have a PDS in APO. How was the PDS created ? Did you create a BOM in R/3 and CIF it to APO. Anyways the important thing is , you have to check if the R/3 BOM has proper validity dates and is defined correctly in R/3

Thanks

Aparna

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the publication type "Planned Independent Requirement: for your location.

Try to create a manual order in ECC and see if dependent demand is getting generated for the Low level codes then check in APO by creating one more order.

Also check that you have valid calendar up to the requirement date.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

In addition to what Prasun mentioned, you also need to maintain "publication" in SPRO for "in-house production" for the plant.

Go to SPRO as below:

Integration with SAP Components-> Integration via APO Core Interface (CIF)-> Basic Settings for Data Transfer-> Publication->Maintain Distribution Definition

Select "in-house production" as publication type. Give your plant as the location, give logical system corresponding to your R/3 system, and also give the SAP release number for your R/3 system in the next field.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Do you have an active IM in ECC for Production Order where the materials are selected? You can check that by going to TC: CFM5 and select Production Order on the left pane and corresponding materials and plant in the selection screen on the right. On the next screen, you can select the entry, click on models. If there is a green tick for the model, then it's active.

Thanks,

Prasun