Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Version - Modes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

My question is:

Using in my production version. My product have in rounting transaction(CA03) a few sequences. This sequences after exported to SCM became modes.

In SCM, my product have one product version and 3 modes: Resouce A, B and C.

Until here, everything is ok.!

My question, if i create one manually order. Always SCM selects the first resource(in this case A).

Is there a method to change this resource? For Example B

Thanks and best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your case may be resource A has the capacity to complete the operations and hence by default it is choosing resource A  instead of B.Also check the pDS for the resources defined along with the capacity utilization.

If you want the resource B to be also utilised define it as an alternative for resource A or increase the capacity load to max so it picks up resource B.

Hope the information is useful

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swetha.

I know about the alternative resource.

My question is:

If both resource are empty.

Is there way to choose the alternative mode?

Thanks and best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creation of order system will choose resource which has highest mode priority (From A toZ) So in your case mode priority of resource A may be higher than B. While creation of order you can always default either resource A or B based on mode priority.

YOu can change resource by drag and Drop in DS board or resource planning table. Make sure in strategy settings you have setting select any mode.

Secodly you can create order directly in DS board on resource you want.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh.

This answer will help..

Thanks.

Answers (0)