cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating business partners - avoid double creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Given the case you have 6 ABAP production systems with ~ 1000 user each. How can one avoid creating buiness partners for the same person/username if the user exists in more than one system? Doing this manually for all those users can't be the solution.

--

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We got around this problem by generating BP's from one system then adding the

<System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User Name> to the ID tab of the BP for each of the satellite systems. We wrote a simple program around a CRM BAPI "BAPI_IDENTIFICATION_ADD". Now there is only one BP for each person and depending on which satellite system the person creates a message, it will assign the correct IBASE component as well.

I believe SAP mentions "undocumented feature" somewhere in a 3.2 documentation- that this has to be done manually - hopefully SAP will have a fix soon since most customers have more than one satellite system.

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

If the user are defined with the same name I think solman system is not creating a new BP, only a new entry CRM001 with this new satellite is added.

Please test it.

Best regards,

Dolores

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

unfortunately it will not, it will create a new BP for each user, that's why I opened this thread

I had opened an OSS call and I was told by the development, that something like this is not (yet) implemented and will maybe available by time of SP 12 or SP 13 (so more than 9 months ahead from now, probably a bit earlier).

Since the BP transaction uses ActiveX-controls of the frontend to get into the "tabs" a BatchInput not available too - so we're pretty lost at that end.

Thanx though for your try

--

Markus

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that will not happen because, SOLMAN identifies it with the combination

<b><System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User Name></b>

And moreover y can't it represent two different identities in two different systems with the same identity.

--ragu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi,

> I think that will not happen because, SOLMAN

> identifies it with the combination

>

> <b><System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User

> Name></b>

>

Try it - it will create a new one and not detect, that the user is already there. It's even worse: I can select all useres of system A, create them - and if I choose the same system again, it will create them again and again and again.

The user "change date" is changed often because if users get new permissions, their data in SU01 is updated, and for the SolMan this is a relevant change. So you can't rely on that date either.

I have e. g. my user there 6 times, 5 times marked for deletion.

> And moreover y can't it represent two different

> identities in two different systems with the same

> identity.

No, the users are the same.

User FOOBAR in systemA is the same user as FOOBAR in systemB but SolMan create two business partners for them.

--

Markus