cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reproduce the SAP/BC_UME alias?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The default DB connection of the WAS contains few default aliases. One of them is SAP/BC_UME. I accidently deleted it and now the server0 doesn't load. How can I create this alias agin offline? I beleive there should be an XML file that manages these aliases...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should be able to do that using the Config tool:

1. Make sure the Db schema is online.

2. Start the Config tool using the configtool.bat located in the \usr\<SYS>\<Instance>\j2ee\configtool directory. The config tool connects to the default Db schema of the Web AS.

3. In the lefthand side tree browse to: cluster_data -> Global server configuration -> services -> dbpool.

4. On the righthand side screen locate the sysDS.aliases property and choose the Restore to default button (or simply add the missing alias to the list in the Value field.)

5. Apply the changes using the save button on the top.

This should solve the problem.

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo,

At the dbpool Service there are no properties at all? Does this mean that all my aliases have been deleted? Is there any way to restore it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

> At the dbpool Service there are no properties at all?

Well, that's really strange? Did you click on the dbpool in order to display the properties in the righthand side pane? Do you see the buttons ("Set", "Restore to default" and "Restore all to default") on the right when you click on the dbpool? If you see them, try Restore all to default to see if your props are restored.

Also, to be able to understand what caused the problem and how to resolve it - can you tell how did you delete the DS alias - using Visual Administrator, other tool?! Did you delete any other settings?

I'm asking all this as I'm trying to solve the problem the easier way. Otherwise I have some ideas that I could use as a last resort if nothing else works

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've deleted it through the admin tool while creating new DS. I beleive this is why I can't see anything under dbpool. I can see the bottons you mentioned though...

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, then let's try it the long way. Follow these steps:

1. Start the Config tool.

2. From the menu go to File -> Configuration Editor

3. Browse the Configurations tree to cluster_data -> server -> cfg -> services -> Propertysheet dbpool

4. Switch to edit mode using the left-most button (the button label is "Switch between view and edit mode"). After you switch to edit mode you should see the Import button as active (the button label is "Import the content of an export file into or below this node").

Now, you need to leave the Config tool for a while. You need to create an XML file with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM 'configExportFormat.dtd' [

]>

<configuration name="dbpool" type="1" cachemode="10">

<path>cluster_data/server/cfg/services/dbpool</path>

<version>630</version>

<config-entries>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.SQLEngine" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.aliases" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.SQLEngine" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;Open_SQL&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.DBConnectInfo" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;jdbc/pool/<b>SP2</b>&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.runCleanupThreadInterval" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;300&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.DBConnectInfo" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.DBConnectInfo" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.aliases" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.runCleanupThreadInterval" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.isolationLevel" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.connectionLifetime" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;600&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.connectionLifetime" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.runCleanupThreadInterval" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.dataSourceName" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.maximumConnections" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.initialConnections" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.maxTimeToWaitConnection" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.initialConnections" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.maxTimeToWaitConnection" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.isolationLevel" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.SQLEngine" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.maxTimeToWaitConnection" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;120&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.maximumConnections" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.connectionLifetime" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.dataSourceName" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;SAP<b>SP2</b>DB&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="&amp;sysDS.dataSourceName" type="INTEGER">

<value>0</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.maximumConnections" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;10&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.initialConnections" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;1&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="~sysDS.aliases" type="STRING">

<value>&quot;SAP/BC_JMS,SAP/BC_UME,SAP/BC_WDRR&quot;</value>

</config-entry>

<config-entry name="#sysDS.isolationLevel" type="STRING">

</config-entry>

</config-entries>

</configuration>

<b>NOTE</b>: Change the System ID (SID) in the vallues of the <b>sysDS.dataSourceName</b> and the <b>sysDS.DBConnectInfo</b> properties with the SID of your installation (I've marked the appearance of the SID with bold in the XML content above). In my case the SID is SP2.

Name it contents.xml. Then put it in a zip archive (with an arbitrary name). Then go back to the Config tool:

5. Press the Import button.

6. In the popup window enter the path to the zip file you created above, check the Import content directly into the selected configuration.

7. Press the Start Import button.

This should upload the right configuration information. You can now try to start the engine.

Hope this works now!

P.S. I <b>strongly recommend</b> that nobody out there tries to do similar changes with this Configuration Editor (at least not without appropriate support), as you can easily end up with a post here in the SDN forums asking for help resolving some startup problems or similar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find my System ID (SID) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo,

I found my SID but when I try to import I receive this exception:

Exception occured during import:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred during import/export: The import-file contains a PropertySheet and must be imported with importMode IMPORT_AS_SUBCONFIGURATION.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.utilities.transfer.ConfigImporter.importConfig(ConfigImporter.java:88)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.WriteAccessConfiguration.importContent(WriteAccessConfiguration.java:1159)

at com.sap.engine.services.configuration.gui.AbstractConfigurationTreeNode.importConfig(AbstractConfigurationTreeNode.java:370)

at com.sap.engine.services.configuration.gui.ImportPanel$ImporterThread.run(ImportPanel.java:197)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Import failed.

Can u help me with this one please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess I made a mistake. At step 6 while importing the configuration, you need to check the <b>Import content as sub-configuration below the selected configuration</b> option instead of the other option I suggested.

Sorry about misleading you at this step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Well, I did it, the import is succefull but I still receive the same error when the server is loading.

Here it is as it appears on the defaultTrace file:

#1.5#000BCDFB6968001D00000009000003840003F24395C2C841#1110797019429#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_26##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

[EXCEPTION]

<b>#1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" does not exist. Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" is defined is not deployed or not started.</b> ume.db.connection_pool_type=SAP/BC_UME

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.xatransactions_used=FALSE

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.is_unicode=FALSE

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.oracle_native_driver_used=false: ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" does not exist. Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" is defined is not deployed or not started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you repeat the procedure with the Config tool I gave at first place ()? Do you see the properties under the dbpool service now (this would verify the import of the configuration was successful and that it can be read from the DB).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still don't see any Property under dbpool...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

sorry, but I have no further ideas how to proceed. My advice would be to contact the SAP Support for assistence (they would most probably be able to establish a direct connection to your system and find out what the problem is).

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx anyway for your kind help and support!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivaylo,

I am able to see the Properties under dbpool now. I simply deleted the old Property and imported the one that you gave me. But, I still receive excepttion where the server loads:

#1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" does not exist. Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" is defined is not deployed or not started.

Do you have any idea what can we do next, now that the dbpool Properties are there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

I get into the same situation; how you solved it?

Thanx and best regards

ED