cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data setup for planning with shelf life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am setting up master data for  "Planning with Shelf Life" @ SCM 7.1,ECC 6.4.

I have a couple of questions:

1. When you create class (class type 023) for shelf life (refer note 751392) in ECC and transfer it to APO,which class type does it get transferred as-

230/232/400. (In my case,it is getting transferred as 230 and 232).

2.This class is assigned to material master in classification view in ECC.

However,after the CIF of material master to APO,I am not able to see this class assigned to product master in APO.

As the class transferred to APO is not type 400,I am not able to assign it in the material master.

Need to understand how I can get the class assigned to product master in APO. Is it even required.

3.Batch transfer to APO-The batch gets transferred to APO and can be seen in the product view.

However,I am no able to see any green button for classification (characteristics value) there.

Is this a normal behavior or I am missing something.

Note that I am able to see the stock even in the version tab.

4.In the planning book 9ASNP_SHLF/SHELF_LIFE,I am not able to see the shelf life key figures populated.

Is it because the characteristics /class are not assigned to product master and thus batch.

Need your help in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

For shelf-life planning, your system's configuration schema must be CDP. Please check whether it is set (SPRO IMG -> APO -> Master Data -> Classification & Configuration -> Define config schema). You must first implement the instructions from Note 751392 and 1072022  https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1072022 .

Check whether the following notes exist in your system and implement them if necessary:
APO: 1519274
ERP: 1543594 and 1388048

(For the latest version, we could safely assume that the above mentioned corrections were already considered.)

Thanks,
Rajesh