SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning by Collection Strategy: Excluding certain overdue items from Dunning

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I have a Collections(Dunning) business requirement as follows(see below). We are using Dunning by Collection Strategy using BRF (note: not BRFPlus):

If an Installment Plan amount is overdue, only dun the Instalment plan amount/s. Do not dun any items outside the Installment Plan if they overdue.

The challenge here is that FPVA has already proposed all overdue items for dunning when the BRF rules are invoked.

My assumption is that I cannot pick and choose/exclude  which items to dun within the BRF logic, after FPVA has done its proposal. If you have a way of doing this, I would really appreciate it if you shared it with me.

If the only option is programmatic,  I need your feeback on  the best FI-CA Event to use to select/de-select items from the dunning proposal while Dunning by Collection Strategy:

300 (edit Dunning Proposal)

311 (Select/Delete Open items for dunning)

315 (Determine next Collection Step - I doubt it, but if somebody has had success with it, please let me know).

Note: According to the Dunning by Collection Strategy FAQ, the following Events are not called:

302, 303, 304, 306, 307, 309 & 336.

Your always valuable feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Ivor Martin

4 REPLIES 4

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

You are correct, you cannot pick which items to chose within BRF logic. For this, we have used event 0315. In this event we check if CA has an active payment scheme. If yes, we get all due payment scheme requests for that Payment Scheme. If the number of due installments is more than a specified number and amount is greater than the specified amount, we mark it and pass it to BRF Tree.

This helps us in dunning Payment Scheme Customers.

Regards,

Ravi

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot  for your reply.

Our requirement is to actually influence/select  the items that are being proposed for Dunning,  In this case we do not want to even consider/propose any overdue items that are not part of an active Installment Plan.

The objective being the Dunning Balance (and hence any Dunning History or correspondence created) should not include the undesired items.

I need some insights into whether Event 311 is triggered during the Dunning Proposal (FPVA). If not, if Event 300 is still usable when Dunning by Collection Strategy.

I hope this helps clarify.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

you might consider using event 312 (Dunning Grouping) to delete items from even making it to the proposal based on whatever logic you would like to apply.

regards,

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor, we're migrating our dunning process to Collection Strategy as well and have concerns for the enhancements that are already in place. I am interested to know of the Events that are not included in the dunning run after we migrate ( and a source of that information, if available ).

I would also like to know the changes required for the enhancements already in place after migration.

thanks