cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am calculating VPRS with standard price 0.03 and the order qty = 100. When I check the condition value in item sales for VPRS, its always = 0.

I check for VPRS, its using commercial rounding. So does it mean 0.03 will be rounded down to 0 by SAP ?  So thats why VPRS cost comes with SAP calculation as = 0 X 100 = 0.

?? please clarify if my understanding correct.

thanks alots

Chika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all .

@shiva, the price unit is 1 and moving price is 0.03. Item category VPRS is ticked with "determine cost". Overall, condition amount VPRS can be found as copied from material master = 0.03.

Ok i will tell in more detail.

VPRS Condition rate is 0.03 with currency DKK per 1 PC. Order currency = EURO, exchange rate = /0,13352. Qty order = 500. 

So order should be in EUR.

When I see condition value for that 500 PC is 0. I expect = 0.03 * 500 *  /0,13352 = 2.00

But the thing, whatever quantity I enter in sales order, the final result of VPRS is always  = 0.

So the question is, is SAP doing round up / down for VPRS for the condition rate ? that means 0.03 will be rounded down to be 0 , or we can say this is done before multiplication. if so, then things are correct, condition value = 0.

thank you

Chika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks. I got the answer already from sap notes 123298.

thanks all !

Chika

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To me, the information provided by you is insufficient to do any analysis. You have mentioned standard price is 0.03 but you have not mentioned what is the price unit maintained in the material master ->Accounting 1 view. Is it 1 or 10 or 100 or something else? This number decides how the calculation is done for the quantities in the sales order. You have mentioned that 100 qty in sales order. What is the unit of measure in the sales order and what is the base UOM in the material master?

As a general guidelines,you may read OSS Note 886532 - Pricing: Displaying and rounding numbers to understand how the system calculates rounding and displays the decimals in documents.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Check for your  item category whether the Option DETERMINE COST is checked or not.This is the main control indicator to reflect the VPRS in the pricing procedure.

The VPRS will determine as below:-

1) We have to maintain cost in material master.

2) We have to maintain condition type (VPRS) in pricing procedure and the requirement as 4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

The rule that determines how the system rounds off condition values during pricing. The last digit will be rounded.

Example

• In the standard rounding rule '_', values are rounded off according to business standards:
  • 10.454 -> 10.45 DEM
  • 10.455 -> 10.46 DEM
  • In rounding rule 'A', values are always rounded up:
  • 10.459 -> 10.46 DEM
  • 10.451 -> 10.46 DEM
  • In rounding rule 'B', values are always rounded down:
  • 1045.9 -> 1045 LIT
  • 1045.1 -> 1045 LIT
  • In this example, the currency of the condition rate is Italian Lira. The Italian Lira does not have any places after the point.

in my opinion it should be ok:

0.03 x 100 = 3,00