cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Day light saving issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are running on SAP PI 7.1 and are facing some day light saving issues. We have a SOAP to IDOC scenario where certain date fields are mapped from a SOAP message to IDOC. On 11th March, 2012 we received one SOAP message with date field value : 03/11/2012 02:19:20. Notice the hours is 2.00 am. Now due to day light saving at 2.00 am the PI system clock was automatically set to 3.00 am and the time 02:19:20 that came in the message payload never existed int the system and we were getting mapping errors "Unparseable date". We have had this issue in the past but don't have any solution to this. Have any of you faced similar issues or if any one has any solution.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Baskar and Shabarish. I noticed something strange again. I just ran the mapping in ESR in our Dev and TST environment with the failed message payload from production and in both Dev and TST the system changed the time from 03/11/2012 02:19:20 to 03/11/2012 03:19:20. So it took into account the day light saving changes and added an additional hour to the time. Any idea what we would be missing in our production environment that is not accounting for this additional hour that needs to be added.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Any idea why the DateTrans function is adding 1 hour in Dev and Test environment for day light saving but not in production.  I checked with my Basis team and even they are clueless. Any help/idea is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhijit

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Make sure both: system and server time and timezone are identical in all environments (Dev, Test and Prod).

Hope this helps,
Greg

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard Mapping Functions like DateTrans uses the calendar information available from the operation system. So check with Basis whether they maintain Daylight savings in all the environments the same.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you are getting date field from the sender system to PI. Since PI is set for day light savings, it changed the clock from 2 am to 3am automatically. I would say if the daylight savings is even both at the source and PI side there won't be any issues. Since the sender side did not incorporate the day light savings correctly (though messages are sent after 2 am ) we see this issue.  PI mapping does as expected. You can only manually process or cancel and resend this message.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there no daylight savings maintenance activity carried out in your organization? Ideally this should be a controlled cross over.

And to address you issue, cancel the existing message and try to resend it once again preferably from the source