cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset an Web Dynpro iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts.

I'm developing an web dynpro application, and I would like to redirect the users to the same screen, after the end of process flow.

I decided to do that to clean all the fields and options in a easier way, but I'm using the following code, that is not smart in my opinion:

WDPortalNavivation.navigateAbsolute("role....." (...));

I would like to know, how can I get this "role" automatically, to avoid manual changes related to a fixed role. It can be changed sometimes, and will be better if I can get this information dinamically.

How can I do that?

Thanks for your help!

😃

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your objective is to simply clear all fields, why not call

wdContext.getContext.reset();

See http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW73/SPS05/CE/wdr/com.sap.wdr/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/progmodel/api/IWDCon... for more info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there are other things that must be done, so the best way is refresh the entire screen.

I almost forgot...
I'm using NW700.

Thanks!

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, the best way to enforce an initial state is to reset both the context and the view, but if this isn't possible, I would rather navigate to an iView than to a role.

When navigating to a role, you're basically navigating to a different area in your portal. I would rather navigate to a simple iView (with read access for everyone) stating a 'successfully finished process' message of some kind