cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR handling in CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to maintain my original application file in native format for certain users who will need it while creating new version. I can maintain it in DIR and restrcit user access using authorization objects.

Now for other users I want to maintain PDF version of the same native file for business usage. Kind of casual users from Sourcing, Quality and so on. Is it possible to convert native file into PDF file when DIR will get released automatically using conversion server? Can I restrict user access to same DIR as per original application type? I think it is possible but just double confirming it.

If anyone has done some work in this area please share your experience.

Also is it possible to transfer original to different content server the moment it went to Released status? In short I want to separate out DIR with IW status and RE status? It should be event driven that is at Released status? What infrastructure will be required to do this?

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

Is it possible to convert native file into PDF file when DIR will get released automatically using conversion server?

Yes,very much possible.SAP DMS offers the flexibility to initiate document conversion process based on status change.In your case case,as soon as the RELEASED status is attained,the conversion process can be triggered.

Path for configuration settings:

SPRO > IMG > CA components > DMS > Conversion of Original Application Files > Define Conversion > Autostart when status is set.

Can I restrict user access to same DIR as per original application type?

This can be achieved using the 'Profiles' concept in DMS.Create profiles,assign users/user groups,assign required Workstation Application type.

Path for configuration settings:

SPRO > IMG > CA components > DMS > General Data > Define Profile.

Regards,
Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also is it possible to transfer original to different content server the moment it went to Released status? In short I want to separate out DIR with IW status and RE status?

Could you elaborate more on this? The logic of pushing the same DIR to two different content servers based on statuses beats me!!

What infrastructure will be required to do this?

As you would be aware,an optimal Content-Cache server architecture needs to be drawn up.For server sizing,please refer my wiki article.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

I am also confused with this requirement but client has asked me this to prevent access for released docs?

"Also is it possible to transfer original to different content server the moment it went to Released status? In short I want to separate out DIR with IW status and RE status?"

BR,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

If this is the case,then would suggest exploring Microsoft Rights management for enforcing compliance and restrictions at content server level post conversion.I have personally not worked on this,but this document comes close to addressing what you are looking for.See if this helps.

Regards,