cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement to AUC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have setup the system to create Investment project where AUC is automatically created when we release the project and Settlement rule to settle postings to AUC is created when we run settlement cycle.

Now i have created a work center and maintained houly rate for this work center in KP26 (with allocation cost element 99000000), so accordingly planned cost and actual cost is flowing on the corresponding WBS.

But when i try to run settlement cycle i get an error message "G/L account 99000000 is not defined in chart of accounts XXX". I am not sure why is system asking us to create this GL account, as allocation cost element is a secondary cost element (with cost element category 43)??

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

43 category cost elements costs can't settle to AuC without 22 category cost elements.43 category cost elements are only used for labor postings.if you like to settle labor costs to AuC/GL accounts,create GL account and cost element with 22 category.

Hope this helps you.

-Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ratnakar,

Thank you for the quick response.

I thought that allocation cost element maintained in KP26 is always secondary cost element in line with how we maintain this for Production order... please correct me if i am wrong??

And also with this cost element (with category 43) i am able to settle WBS postings to CTR, but when i try to settle the same posting ti AuC i get an error message "G/L account 99000000 is not defined in chart of accounts XXX".

I will appreciate any further inputs on this.

Thanks again

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Yes.you can settle costs between cost objects(WBS to cost center OR pp order to internal order etc.).but settlemement to FI(AuC or GL) is not possible with 43 cost elements.so you have to create new GL account and create "22" cost element.assign in allocation structure.This will solve problem.

-Rau