cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP server code 500 reason Internal Server Error explanation Wrong channel adapter type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a scenario where in we received a data from Bank to our Gateway Server & from there we forward this to our internal XI-Server. Gateway server to Internal PI server we have defined the HTTP Receiver Channel. Whenever the Bank is sending this data it is hitting to our Gateway Server but in SXMB_MONI the messages are showing the following error & not getting forwarded to the Internal PI Server.

What coud be the reason for this?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>  - <!-- -->   <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>
<SAP:Code area="PLAINHTTP_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_SERVER</SAP:Code>
<SAP:P1>500</SAP:P1>
<SAP:P2>Internal Server Error</SAP:P2>
<SAP:P3>Wrong channel adapter type</SAP:P3>
<SAP:P4 />
<SAP:AdditionalText />
<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />
<SAP:Stack>HTTP server code 500 reason Internal Server Error explanation Wrong channel adapter type</SAP:Stack>
<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>
</SAP:Error>
     Regards,
       Umesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check if you are using a sender agreement for this scenario.

Please check in the sender agreement the channel type and channel ID being used.

Due to security issues this channel type must match with the channel type "Plain http" or otherwise the message is not accepted and the error "HTTP/1.1 500 Wrong channel adapter type" is raised.

Please try using the sender agreement with the channel that matches for the used sender (service/party) & sender interface.

Kind regards

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanx for your Hint... Actually in my Inner XI there was one Sender Agreement was laying...

Actually it was not required. Once i removed /Deleted & activated the scenario it is started working...

Regards,

Umesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

If the Gateway server uses Http Receiver, then the internal XI should use Sender Http to recieve it not XI Adapter,

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

I have not done any changes in Internal PI. This Scenario was working fine till yesterday. I am really not able to understand what is the error.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this scenario was working fine until yesterday, try to perform a cache refresh, or do a dummy change in your scenario and re-activate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Moveover i dont think you need the Sender HTTP channel at the Inner XI. ? Direct Pipeline communication.?

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i did that also, infact many times... still it is not helping me...

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the adapter engine running, all components of PI running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the settings done in Receiver HTTP channel? Probably, the request that you send to target is not in proper format.

One reason could be incorrect Content Type.....is it text/XML ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

The content Type is :    text/xml

Regards,

Umesh