cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM - master data selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are testing CTM in several different systems. In the master data selection we are only selecting one finished product and only the sources of supply for that product. We are also using the setting "Select dependent data automatically". In a "full-sized" system similar to production in terms of data, when this setting is on, it appears to select all products in the system, even though they have no relation to the product in our master data selection (we expect it only to select the BOM items underneath the finished product). This results in run-times of many hours.

However, if we do not select this setting, no planned orders are created.

Has anyone experienced this before, and is there a fix for this behavior?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris Brookes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun, yes I did use the order selection. We have tried several different ways of bringing the order selection phase down. The most effective is the addition of the control parameters EXCLUDE_LC X

FAST_READ X

FIX_PEG_LC X

as described in note no.1514934. However, we still think CTM is reading too many orders.

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I have checked note 1514934 - it is valid for release 410. Hence I am not sure whether this would help you in your scenario (I am assuming you are using a higher version). I would suggest that you use as many selection criteria as possible in Master Data Seletion (Location/Product, Inhouse Production etc) and Order selection (setting up time limit).

As an alternate, you can compare the result by using report /SAPAPO/CTMMDATSELCREATE. Please note that this report has been updated by latest master data selection.

You may also check Note 855229 - there are explanations on Master Data selection and performance issues.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun, yes I did use the order selection. We have tried several different ways of bringing the order selection phase down. The most effective is the addition of the control parameters EXCLUDE_LC X

FAST_READ X

FIX_PEG_LC X

as described in note no.1514934. However, we still think CTM is reading too many orders.

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FAST_READ X

FIX_PEG_LC X

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am now testing this on a very simple BOM with only 3 items. Master data check is clean. I have also removed this flag and included all the BOM items in the master data selection directly -  but still CTM is running for a very long time. I ran this in the background and debugged it and it has selected over 13,000 orders to delete (even though I did not set the flag in the strategy tab to delete existing orders).

It is also reading orders which have no relation to my product or it's BOM items......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher

Did you use the Order selection in CTM Profile? You can select the orders by going to Multi Level Supply & Demand Matching -> Environment -> Order Selection. You can select the orders based on Order date and ATP Categories. If it is still selecting large no of orders, we need to check CTM Profile.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if the source of supply is related to all your products then automatically all products will get selected by your selection. See the F1 help on "Select dependent data automatically", It states that the all the products related to specified location product or source of supply will get selected.

So please check if your sources of supply is related to other products.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher

I am not sure if I have understood the issue correctly. Master Data selection for CTM (Environment -> Master Data selection) can be done at multiple level i.e. based on location/product, external procurement or in-house production. You can check the details at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/c7/837d399b9cbf09e10000000a114084/content.htm

Are you saying that you are not being able to filter the requisite location products based on these options?

Thanks,

Prasun

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Which SCM version are you on?

I don't know about CTM, but this looks like performance bug, and there are lots of notes for CTM performance improvement which are available on OSS site.

I tried a search and could find out around 49 notes for CTM using the following criteria:

You search for: CTM, Search Method All Terms (AND), Search Range All  Search criteria:  no criteria

Post search-restrictions: Category ( Performance ) | Application Area ( SCM, SCM-APO-SDM )

Note 972314 - Selection of dependent
master data
looked like a very close fit, but its valid only for SCM 5.0, and has got resolved in the package SAPKY50007.

Thanks - Pawan