Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Java Componentization Doubt

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am trying a sample application in webdynpro Java with following sequence.

I am having 3 projects.

P1) For model. I am using adaptive webservice model(WSDL) - I have added model to public part as p1_pp, and build and deployed.

P3) for View. Here I will use p2_pp.

I need help in the coming part.

P2) For Controller. I have added the above p1_pp  to 'used DC'.

Here need to get the above model in 'used model' part.What I have to do for this???.

Thanking you,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add the component controller from the used DC to your Used Components node, and then add the model from that component to the Used Model node in your project

Cheers,

Robin

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks. I need to know one senario.

I have seen one project where the model was reused without adding to component.But under local data dictionary, there was one node for model. In project P1 there was no component and they reused the same in the P2 project.

Any idea how they achieved this?

Thanks

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
are you sure?
the one you are showing seems to be the original model DC.
Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

I have updated the above picture. I am not able understand how it linked. Whether old NWDS version have any feature like this? I have seen reusing models through components.

How come under dictionary, the model link? and don't know how it is mapped with another project's used model.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the node under dictionaries is created by default when you create model, which has nothing to do with other project.
Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry....Those questions are raised because my studio have some issue.I was totally confused by its behavior. When I removed NWDS and did fresh installation, Everything was working fine.

To use the P1model in P2, no need to create any component in P1 just add the model to public part and build.Then it will be available in other Projects.

Thanks for all

Answers (0)