cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the table in CE database in which BPM information is stored.

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we figure out the sap tables in CE database in which BPM information is stored and can we read BPM (Process/Task) data from those tables directly?

I dont want to use Web Services, and Java API for BPM is not exist for NW 7.2.

Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Have you figured out what tables to access?

2. If you have, you can read these tables using the standard RFC_READ_TABLE.

3. You will of course need  to ensure your users have all the right permissions.

regards

Yuval Peery

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yuval

The BPM tables would be existing on the Java DB of CE7.2...hence I dnt think you can access them by RFC_READ_TABLES...Moreover, these BPM tables would be encrypted i think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you accesss these tables manually?

Where are thery stored? R3? Other relative DB?

regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2087861

Mr Henke says it is not possible to access these tables .What a challenge!!!

Find out where these DB tables are stored...

regards

yuval

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Yuval and Sandip for your post.

So what will you be suggest to access the BPM (Process/Task) data. I am using NW 7.2, so no API available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Again, where are these tables stored? Do you know?

regards

yuval

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, here is a round about way to view the BPM tables..

Go to NWA -> Open SQL browser -> Look for tables starting with BPEM**

I havnt tried, but I think it should work..

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These tables would be on the JAVA Schema (JAVA DB Table Space) of the CE Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip

I am not familiar with CE ..

However, based on what you say there is a JAVA DB installed on the server.

If this is the case I wonder if it is possible to access it using JDBC, like any other DB...

regards

yuval

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

He Sandip,

I can see the table and Data. But if I have to develop a dashboard to display theses data. Plz suggest me how I can populate this data?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
jdbc?
SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to access these tables with the normal JDBC approach, via Datasource connectivity service of the Java engine...

However, reading the internal tables via JDBC is NOT a recommended approach by SAP and more so the data inside these tables may be encrypted..I havnt checked the data, not sure.

Divyanshu - did you find the data encrypted inside these BPEM* tables??

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

How to check whether the data is encrypted or not?

I can able to see the table and its all its data from NWA -> Open SQL browser -> BPEM**

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please explain me in details about accessing these tables with normal JDBC approach, via Datasource connectivity service of the Java engine. (any blog, or docs)?

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the data is not in its original form, its represented by ambiguous hashcodes or something - then probably its encrypted...

else, what ever info is available in the DB and shows the original data what was entered or created during the process execution is same, then go ahead..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip

I guess the data is not encrypted as Divyanshu said he can see the data using SQL Server

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. First find out if the database  is SAP MaxDb

2. You can start here http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_8/default.htm : Examples: Connecting to a       Database

This is provided by SAP.

Regards

Yuval

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

I think data is not encrypted, I can see the actual data, there are no ambiguous hashcodes.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alright then....Go ahead and build your own custom KPIs on BPM ..Enjoy

But remember, SAP will not support these KPIs..as reading directly from DB Table is not recommended..

Sandip

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your all help and time Sandip.

Just one more help, plz suggest me how to create custom KPI for this. I havent created KPI before.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well KPIs are nothing but your custom dashboards..dnt worry about it.

Go ahead and build what you wanted to achieve with the BPM DB data.

Award points on SCN for helpful answers..This is one of the way to appreciate other's effort.

Sandip

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Definitely I will give you point, but still I am not understand how I will populate BPM data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaiswal hi

1. Are you familiar with java web dynpro ?

2. If you are all you have to do is create a tablee and populate it using an action or by using the method wdDoInit.

3. In this method you must use the jdbc of this particular DB, see the link i gave you, and perform a simple select on the table you need to read in. Fill in the context of the table UI and that's it

If you have any questions, ask.

Regards

Yuval

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divyandu

You need to do some homework on this.

You know where the information source (DB tables), you know how to access (JDBC service) , then go ahead and build your own custom screens using WDJ or VC or JSP..

If you are not familiar with the above thing, would suggest try searching in SDN on how to develop applications.

Sandip

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyanshu,

You don't have to build any JDBC services to build KPI dashboards in BPM. SAP provides out of the box BPM datasources for this. Check out. 6 Sample SAP NetWeaver BPM 7.20 Dashboards implemented with Visual Composer

Bala

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What info are you trying to read? I dnt think this is something possible..

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

BPM already implemented, we want to create another application (dashboard) in which BPM related data like task, process and some other data also displays. Is there any table or way we can access BPM data, without using Web Service.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK...but that information is already available in Process and Task List Viewer...where can see the details....Did you give it a try??

There would be DB tables where BPM related info is stored but I dnt think you can access these DB tables....All these would be encrypted.. just like the UME DB Tables...Can access then only via UME APIs.

Thanks

Sandip

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i don't think you are able to make it.