Did you mean: 

Contingency Server build for SQL Server 2008 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Environment

Operating System :Windows 2008 R2

Database : SQL Server 2008 R2

I was trying to build DR server  for our ECC 6.0 system following SAP Note 1101017 - Log shipping on SQL Server 2005 and the below link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190640.aspx.

Steps I did till now ,

1 .Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 on DR server .

2 .Backup team restored latest db backup on target DR SQLServer,I can see in Management Studio it shows Restoring beside SID although restore completed as seen in Veritas net backup tool.Do I have to ask backup team to select recover option when restoring the database???and then apply additional logs later??

What are the steps to be done on secondary Server before I start the configuration from Above SAP note??Please let me know in detail.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before starting the log shipping config... Make sure that your secondary server file systems are accessible properly....Network connectivity is fine.. User account have proper network rights..etc.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Khaiser,

As mentioned in the Microsoft website you need to keep the database in no recovery mode or standby:

17. On the Restore tab, under Database state when restoring backups, choose the No recovery mode or Standby mode option.

Regards,
Eduardo Rezende