cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry device goes offline in Sybase Control Center

0 Kudos

Hi,

When i register a Blackberry device via Sybase Control Center, it remains online for few mins and then it goes offline even when the device is active.

Is there any configuration to increase the timeout value for Blackberry in Sybase Control Center.

Thanks for your support in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Im not really sure at this, but well here it goes.

1) Enter Sybase Control Center

2) Click Applications Connections (on the server where is your device)

3) Select your device, click properties and it opens this menu...

4) Modify your "Keep Alive (sec)" Value as you please, click Ok and its done.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

I found an another way to solve this issue by configuring BES MDS url in Sybase Control Center Messaging Tab.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have the same issue. I also set the BES url at port 8080.
Did you make any additional step?

Regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

I never did any additional steps to resolve the issue.

Are you trying from a device or a simulator?

Regards

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

From a BB device... I guess there is something else at MDS customizing... I'm researching this point.
Did you open any additional port?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Can you check whether your MDS preventing to access SUP ports?

Regards

Praveen Kumar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

To close this message.
We move the customizing from our sandbox to development environment and it works.

I'm thinking that some of the network settings would be the responsible (i.e. firewalls, ports, dns, etc)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What I understand so far, this is works as designed.

The status "online" refers to the messaging communication channel. The messaging communication stack does automatically establish this channel and generally does maintain it so new items can be delivered to the app.

This general rule does have device specific exceptions:

• iOS - the app needs focus, other wise the OS shuts it down so no communication possible. Notification are then handled via APNS
  • BB - the OS will "freeze" or stop the app when it is idle (no focus) for some time to preserve energy and CPU performance. Notifications are done via BES MDS notification channel.

On WM + Android, you will see them both staying online as long as there is an IP connection.

Maybe it would ge good, if other people with BB+SUP real world experience could talk about their BB behavior to qualify my statement.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I have bad experience with BB + SUP. In fact, I have reported the issue to SAP and waiting for the reply.

I am using Mobile Sales 2.0 ( SAP delivered application) on BB device. Even when I log in to the application, the device won't turn 'online' in SCC. Because of this, the data flow ( both ways) won't happen even when the user is accessing the application.

Every time, I have to go to Sybase settings and then restart the client. I cannot dare to perform this for the real users.

Do you have any hints on this ?

Regards,

Viju

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
  • What BB device?
  • What SUP sever version?
  • What is your network setup? Particularly between SUP & BES? is there a firewall?
  • Did you check the SUP logs if the communication to the BES is ok?
  • A network connection is there? (qualified? sure not a network issue between BB and BES?)
  • Get the device side messaging logs with log level 5, have a look.
  • What exactly does not work for you? More details in the error description plz
former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

My answers:

1> BlackBerry Bold 9900 ( OS 7.0)

2> SUP 2.1.3

3>  Network set up looks like this BB device <-> BES <-> SUP ( I don't think a firewall exists because device directly connects to BES)

4> I haven't mentioned BES information in SUP. As of now, we are not enabling BES Push notification.

5> This is qualified. The BES team says that the connection between BES and BB is proper

6> Yes, I have shared this with SAP. I didn't quite well understood with the messages. I can share it with you if you can share your mail id.

7> When the user logs in to the application, the application is not getting connected to SUP server. In order to obtain data, user has to manually to go Sybase settings and click on 'restart client'. Then the application establishes connection with SUP, After this, the data flow happens.

Regards,

Viju

rahul2000
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Even I am facing the same issue. BB Simulator goes offline within seconds from being online.

What steps do i follow to correct the same?

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Try configuring MDS url in Sybase Control Center Messaging Tab

Regards,

Praveen Kumar P

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

BB registration from device using Wifi seems to be having some issues in 2.1.x. You can try registration using 2G/3G connection through relay server. This should work fine.

Regards

Rohith

rahul2000
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

This seems to be there. I can see this in my Sybase Control Center

Rahul.

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Assume you running simulator from xxx.xxx.x.xx ip, you need to include this ip instead of localhost:8080 with xxx.xxx.x.xx:8080 in SCC Messaging tab.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Praveen Kumar P

rahul2000
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks Praveen.

I will do the same and get back to you.

Rahul.