cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental object number range reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

In production, I want to create Rental Object in Business Entity using tcode REBDRO. After clicking Check, and notification at the bottom says: No errors found. When I click Save, it says Rental Object IMBP01CV 00000030 does not exist.

Currently in table VIBDRO I have these entries

IMBP01CV  00000001
IMBP01CV  00000002
IMBP01CV  00000003
IMBP01CV  00000004

So It means the next entry to be created is actually IMBP01CV 00000004. However SAP is looking for  IMBP01CV 00000030. I think there is a problem with the number range for rental object since it is now looking for Rental Object 30, but it should actually look for Rental Object 5. My Rental Object is not saved. The next time I run it, it is now looking for Rental Object 31.

Is there a way to re-set the number range for Rental Object? Or recalibrate the Rental Object number range somehow?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating rental object, it checks whether the number is as per the intervals defined in number range. Current number will not get updated though you have chosen internal number range.

Always current number determines from the table VIBDRO, i.e. in your case you have mentioned that table has last entry IMBP01CV 00000004, it should take  IMBP01CV 00000005.

And that to while creating new object you should not get this error "rental object xxxxx does not exist". what is the error number you are getting ?? and also check have you implemented any BADI's. to create this error message.

rgds,

Srini

sasikanth_reddy3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think some one changed number range from external to internal.

while chaning external to internal we need to give the present number in number range.

Please check your number ranges.

Thanks
Regards

Sasikanth.