cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Test Results from 3rd party Testing tool into SAP Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a 3rd party Testing Tool. It fetches the Business Blueprint from Solution Manager and links the Test Scripts with the Busines Scenario/Process/Step (as the case may be). The is done by using a customized Function Module. But I am facing an issue to update the results of the tests carried out in the Testing tool into the Solution Manager Project/Solution. Is there a way I can show the Test result from the thrid party testing tool into my Solution Manager?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on the in-house testing tool that is is developed by the client. So I cant use ecatt or HP-QTP. I need to update the test results from this tool into solution manager. I wanted to know if there is a Function Module present to pass the Test Results into the Solution Manager.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

In order to understand you are doing we need some more information like

is this is a testing tool used for building scripts like ECATT/QTP?

where are you scripts stored ?..and how you are testing using your tool ..the process etc...e,g ecatt scripts are stored in solman but get execute remotely in satellite QA system.

Have you already integrated this third party tool with SAP Solution Manager and only need information regarding storing of results.....or there is no connection at all with solman and  you are downloading the business process with test results directly by a manual process etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

As I have mentioned, this is an in-house testing tool which records the test scripts and executes them in the Managed System.

The integration is just when the Business Blueprint is fetched from Solution Manager. This is also done by a customized Function Module. I want information regarding storing of test results into Solution Manager.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavita,

Are you aware of the standard functionality of test management in sap solution manager using test workbench because test case results are not stored in the blueprint structure

so you can get the script in solar02 but can 't upload it there any results as it is not meant for storing results.

still if you want to proceed you need to go for customizing the Test workbench integration and then you can store the results after executing it from there.

I dont think it is very easy task so check with ABAPer first before proceding.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using QTP then this 2 way directions like taking the data from solman and updating the result back to solman is posible

please check this guide and the attachment

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40606bc2-1784-2c10-50ab-c6d449b97...

Thanks

Jansi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita

What is the testing tool used

you can integrate ECATT with QTP also

or execute QTP directly via solman in 7.1 version.

or integrate the HP Quality center with solman and then execute using TAO or QTP etc

this way you have access to all the results and scripts

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar