cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy question

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, I am doing a system copy from SAP PI 711 - windows/sql to another system. lets say - DEV to SBX

i have gone through SAPINST and exported the database instance

on import (on a distributed system), i have -

1) installed SCS (from SAPINST>System Copy>Target..)
2) Then, i did the install of DATABASE INSTANCE on Db host where SQL was installed
3) Then did the PRIMARY APPLICATION SERVER on the CI instance

My question is - do i have to use "Database Refresh or Move" which I see in SAPINST as the last step? I had already given the path of the exported files while I installed the Database instance in step 2, and I think I see all the clients on the imported system. If this is not an option to use, why do we have it here in SAPINST under system copy?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

A related question. when i do export using SAPINST, it never asked me whether you want to use backup/restore method.. i think i saw that when i was doing an export earlier on ECC. Isnt that an option on export? I can see that it asks whether you want to use backup/restore or standard process during the import. (Db instance install)..

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll never be asked if you want to use a backup/restore scenario because for that you just need an offline backup.

Regards, Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know "Database Refresh or Move" is used to move the database instance to a different host, so the answer is no, you son't need to use it as part of the system copy as you already imported the database during the "DB instace" phase.

Regards, Juan