cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prod. Order won't release with missing parts after auto batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening;

My project is to setup Automatic Batch Determination for our production orders, but, to allow the production orders to be released even if there are still missing parts after the Auto Batch Determ. is executed.

So far I have been unsuccessful in releasing the order if there are still missing parts.  The error is "You must enter the batch for material ......"

In the config screen OPJK for my specific order type, I have the "Collective Conversion" field set to a '2' (Creation even thought no material is avaiable).

We were successfull in releasing and saving the Order when Auto. Batch Determination was not used.  Does Auto. Batch Determination override the OPJK configuration?

I don't see anything relating to order release in the Strategy Type configuraton in Batch Determination.

Any help would be appreciated.

ScottR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question moved to the ERP PP forum.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in the material master in MRP2 view, in the batch entry field option selected may be 3 which is automatic batch determination upon release of the order. Yes this field override.

Regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharat;

Yes the BOM we are building in the Production Order does have a '3' in the Batch Entry field on the material master.  Since this field on the MM refers to components of an Order I don't see how this field would affect the release of the order itself.  The material we are building is a Semi-finished good which itself is used in another higher level BOM, that is why we have the '3' in the Batch Entry field for this material.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I think you should post this question in the below space for the right people to look at it (It doesn' look relevant to SAP APO):

SAP ERP Manufacturing - Production Planning (SAP PP)

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, will do.