cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Order availability date vs Demand Date - setting a tolerance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any feedback on the below issue? I illustrated the situation w/a simple example. Thank you in advance.

Example:

1. Distribution Demand is created for  1000 pce for 03/22/2012 on the supplying plant by SNP heuristic.
  2. Planned order for 1000 pce is created w/availability of 03/22/2012 to meet the demand. However, later due to delay in production, the production order new availability date is 03/29/2012.
  3. Deployment runs and confirms back  1000 pce for 03/29/2012.
  4. Next time when heuristic runs, there is still a requirement of 1000 pce for 03/22/2012. Now we have a week difference between demand and confirmed production dates. Heuristic creates a new planned order of 1000 pce for 03/22/2012 to cover the demand. Now we have a new planned order 03/22 and a previously created production order for 03/29.
  5. Current process is that we manually delete such new planned orders to avoid overproduction.

Question:

Is there any setting ( in SNP, product master  etc) where we can indicate an time tolerance between demand and firmed production production dates? In the above  example,  we do not want a new planned order created as a week difference  between demand and supply dates  is acceptable by business.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriella,

1) Might be using the "net change planning" indicator in SNP background run would help you? It won't do a pegging between your demand and receipt, but SNP would not plan fresh for the demand unless there is a planning relevant change.

2) I would be interested in more details of step 2 - You got the Planned order as a result of the SNP Heuristics. How did you get the production order from this?

Depending on your answer, one workaround might to use SNP production horizon (period during which SNP Heuristics will not create planned orders). Also, if you have planned orders from previous runs, SNP Heuristics would delete the same during thie SNP production horizon. So, these redundant planned orders might just keep on getting created and deleted by subsequent runs.

PS: SNP Heuristics works bucket by bucket, and doesn't have a concept of pegging. May be CTM could do something like this, but I don't know much about CTM. Or not sure if PPDS could help you in some way.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find below my comments:

to 2):  Yes, we get the planned orders as result of SNP heuristic.  The planned orders are manually converted to production orders in R/3.

Concerning SNP Production horizon, we do use it. We use SNP production horizon as  firm production window within no auto generated planned orders are created by heuristic. However, planned orders are still created  if there is no sufficient supply to meet demand  and placed at the end of the SNP prod. horizon. These additional planned orders ( for delays)  represent the  problem as they drive MRP for the components.

We do not use CMT.

Thank you and Regards,

Gabriella

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriella,

If this kind of scenario happens too frequently for you, then I can only propose a workaround solution. Instead of trying to delete the orders manually everytime, you could do the deletion of SNP planned orders beyond the SNP production horizon by using /sapapo/rlcdelete report in a batch job in APO.

You could schedule this report after you have taken care of execution actions for your finished products, e.g. creation of production orders in R/3, and before you run the MRP in R/3 for components (hopefully this should be feasible in your situation). This /sapapo/rlcdelete report runs in APO, but there is an option to "delete transaction data" "in R/3 and in APO".

May be someone else can give a better solution.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that your system is not well configured.

In this case, you'll need to set a snp production horizon for the location/products. The setting is on tab 'SNP2' in product master /sapapo/mat1. You can refer to the F1 help of it. Correspondingly, for external procurement products, you'll need to set a SNP stock transfer horizon. These horizons are used to prevent SNP planned orders being created in the horizons.
You can use the same horizon as SNP production horizon and PPDS horizon. It's easy to use.

Generally you only have production orders within SNP production horizon, and deployment run takes place also with in this horizon, while you only have SNP planned orders outside SNP production horizon.

Best Regards.
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

If I am understanding well from your note, we might have incorrectly set SNP Pod Horizon vs Deployment Horizon settings.

Here are the settings for in-house produced final product:

SNP Prod Horizon w/Extended SNP Prod Horizon  total of 60 days

Pull Deployment Horizon ( from SNP2) : 120 days

Push Deployment Horizon (from SNP2): 120 days

SNP Deployment Profile set to Pull

Any thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,

Gabriella

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SNP planning run will always cover supply shortage outside the production horizon (for in-house production) or stock transfer horizon (for external procurement).

I did not mean that your configuration is incorrect. This should be based on your business requirement.

For example, since you do production planning (in PPDS or ECC MRP) and deployment for the recent 120 days, maybe you should configure to avoid SNP planning for this period, by setting a longer snp production horizon.

Best Regards,
Ada