Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation of Key Figures in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have the following scenario:

My MPOS contains Product/Location/Customer.

I have two key figures: System Forecast and Sales input.

System forecast is calculated by the system at product/location level and disaggregated to the customer level. Also it is non-editable.

Sales input key figure is editable and he can input anything only on Product/Customer level.

When it disaggregates, it has to disaggregate based on system forecast. If there is no forecast available, it should default to 0 at lower levels.

Example: I have 2 CVCs

PROD1/LOC1/CUST1 and PROD1/LOC2/CUST1.

Let me say that System forcast is 0 on PROD1/LOC1 and PROD/LOC2. So the system forecast at PROD1/LOC1/CUST1 and PROD1/LOC2/CUST1 are 0.

If a sales person keys in 50 at the PROD1/CUST1, then I would like to see the result as PROD1/LOC1/CUST1 = 0 and PROD1/LOC2/CUST1 = 0.

Is this possible? Because the key figure disaggregation method P/I/S does not allow this.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I don't think it is possible. There are 2 CVC's with same product and customer but difference in location. So product and customer are at higher level. Once you input 50 at prod/cust it should be disaggregated. If you want loc1 and loc2 to be zero, where should the value 50 go? It will be disaggregated based on the structural disaggregation you have maintained in planning area setting for that keyfigure.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply. It seems like it is not possible to do it in standard.

@Ramesh Bobbili: Thanks for your reply too. I hope macro is not what i expect.

Best Regards,
Suresh

ramesh_bobbili
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Suresh,

The disaggregation will distribute the qty 50 evenly.

But lets say that you have 4 CVCs an these two CVCs are 0 and the other two CVCs have a value and you execute the detailed proportions, then you my get the result that you want.

Otherwise the situation would have to be handled thru a macro.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

As Nithin also said, your requirement doesn't make sense.

What is it that you are expecting?

Data is always stored at the lowest level of detail. What values do you expect to be stored at the detailed level (lower level) when someone enters a value at some higher level? Do you want to have the situation that since forecast is zero, Sales Rep should not be able to enter any Sales Input?

If you explain your requirement clearly, then only it would be possible to give some solution.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

A particular CVC will be forecasted based on some condition. In first month, it could be forecast relevant and sales person can enter his sales input on the KF and it will get disaggregated. In the next month, if the CVC is not forecast relevant, then the sales input should not be available on that CVC

Thanks and Best Rgds,
Suresh

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You have a custom requirement, so as your correctly understood, the system will not work as per your requirement.

If you only wanted disaggregation for Sales input to happen for CVCs where System forecast is non-zero (or CVC is forecast relevant), that would have been simpler. You could just use a disaggregation based on System forecast for the Sales Input KF. Then you could either make the system forecast zero through a macro. Or otherwise you could have another  KF which would have value same as System Forecast only for the CVCs which were forecast-relevant. For other CVCs, it could have the value as zero. Both these ways would have taken care of your requirement.

However, as you mentioned in the first post that "If a sales person keys in 50 at the PROD1/CUST1, then I would like to see the result as PROD1/LOC1/CUST1 = 0 and PROD1/LOC2/CUST1 = 0."

This above requirement would definitely need a macro as it's definitely not possible in standard that you maintain a value at a higher level (here at CUST1 level), and then get zero at ALL lower levels. That can't be allowed in standard as it would lead to data inconsistency.

If you would like to know what kind of macro options you might have, I could guide you. Else, your requirement won't be met with standard SAP.

Thanks - Pawan