cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error in 'Install Java Engine' phase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're having the next issue installing Enterprise Portal in Windows Server 2008 R2 with Oracle 11.2.03.

We're getting the next message during installation in phase 27 of 38, "Install Java Engine":

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.3 > SAP Systems > Application Server Java > Standard System > Standard System( Last error reported by the step: Process call 'D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\jstart.exe pf=\\<hostname>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\PRT_J00_<hostnam> -file=D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\startup.properties -nodename=bootstrap -launch' exits with error code 1. For details see log file(s) jstart_bootstrap_J00.log.).

We have already checked jstart_bootstrap_J00.log and it's empty.

sapinst_dev shows this Error: CJS-30023  Process call 'D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\jstart.exe pf=\\<hostname>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_J00_<hostname> -file=D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\startup.properties -nodename=bootstrap -launch' exits with error code 1. For details see log file(s) jstart_bootstrap_J00.log.

Thank you for your comments.

Ju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Arjun Venkateswarlu: Listener and DB were up.

@Siva Kumar Arivinti: I stopped installation and resumed but error still appeared.

@Vipin Garg: jstart_bootstrap_J100.log was empty. However I think you're right about being a Database issue.

I have solved the problem, I restarted the installation but before doing it I applied the available Oracle patches for the 11.2.0.3 release. I also changed the installation media for the Oracle client. After doing that the installation went just fine.  Thank you all for your comments.

Regards,

Ju.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into this same error installing NW 7.4 sr1: sapinst_dev shows this Error: CJS-30023  Process call 'D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\jstart.exe pf=\\<hostname>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_J00_<hostname> -file=D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\startup.properties -nodename=bootstrap -launch' exits with error code 1.

Upon waiting for sap support, I found this article that lead me to uninstall and reinstall The NW portal software.  Once I reinstalled I found the Java path was not pointed to the correct version.  I added JAVA_HOME variable to the profile.local.  I then rebooted the server and reinstalled.  When thru without a hitch the 2nd install.

Sincerely Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this phase java engine tries to synchronize with database so either the issue is with Database or with parameter that are used to connect to database i.e. in config tool secure area.

Can you attach the content of jstart_bootstrap_J00.log. file here.

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

Can you come out of sapinst, relogin and resume the installation from the point where it stopped? Please give a try and let us know the output.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check DB and listener is up