Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization on Mac OSX Lion

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to visualize webdynpro pages by using Firefox, Chrome and Safari on macbook with Mac OSX Lion operational system and I'm getting error related to browser incompatibility.

I just wanted to make sure with you guys, for a confirmation. Is that it? Is it impossible to work with webdynpro pages by using Mac OS?

What I am trying to access is the SAP PI tools (SLD, RWB, etc). I do can access RWB but not SLD. Is there any reason? Am I missing something on it?

Thanks a lot.

Rafael.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should check the Platform Availability Matrix for browsers - http://service.sap.com/pam

This will list the browser versions supported on each client OS by NetWeaver release level.  For example Safari on MacOS is a very recent addition to SAP Supported Browsers.  It was only added as of NetWeaver 7.02.

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Netweaver 7.1 EhP 1.

Althought I didn't find the right information for NW 7.1, I just installed Firefox 3.6 and SLD started working. I'm gonna keep both versions (3.6 and 10.0) to have a bit more options to cover different NW versions.

Many thanks! (does anyone knows how to assign points in this new SDN layout?)

Rafael.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you sure you are needing NetWeaver 7.1 Enhancement Package 1 (7.11)? That's a pretty rare release of ABAP and would probably only be used within PI. Either way 7.11 should correspond to the same support level as 7.01 as a general guide. 

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tks for the warning, but yes, it's exactly for PI tools.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add to the answers already given, it's worth noting that this way of blocking based on user agent is not a very good idea for exactly this reason. SAP cannot keep up with the rate of browser releases, and customers are even less able to keep up with the upgrade process. At most, WebDynPro should warn that the browser may not be supported and then let you go ahead anyway (and the customer should be able to control this behavior). The current solution doesn't work well for anybody.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

- Personally I totally agree with you. This is why in my personal ABAP dev system I've used an enhancement to remove this check.  Not that I'm advocating that anyone should do that.

Currently this is one of those things which is decided based upon support/legal exposure and not technical merrits. There have been some discussions internally about making this check customer controllable. Hopefully we will see some such changes in the near future while we also making a big push for better browser support overall. 

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what version of Firefox or Safari do you use? Newer versions are not supported by SAP. Hence you get that message. You can cheat by changing user-agent. For example when I set Opera to mask as IE then I can browse web dynpro apps with it. You just need to understand that it's not supported.

Cheers